X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    Greater roadrunner
    Greater than what?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Greater than what?
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_roadrunner
          Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            Beautiful colors and detail. With most animals (including humans), you want to either making a portrait, or full body shot. Portraits can include just the head, head plus torso, etc. Once you have a significant amount of the bird in the picture, it's usually more aesthetically pleasing to make sure you have the whole bird in the picture. In this case the tail extends below the picture. Even when legs and feet are covered (by water for instance) it's generally a good idea to leave enough room so that if the legs/feet were visible, they would be inside the frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
              Beautiful colors and detail. With most animals (including humans), you want to either making a portrait, or full body shot. Portraits can include just the head, head plus torso, etc. Once you have a significant amount of the bird in the picture, it's usually more aesthetically pleasing to make sure you have the whole bird in the picture. In this case the tail extends below the picture. Even when legs and feet are covered (by water for instance) it's generally a good idea to leave enough room so that if the legs/feet were visible, they would be inside the frame.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Even when legs and feet are covered (by water for instance) it's generally a good idea to leave enough room so that if the legs/feet were visible, they would be inside the frame.
                Very interesting.

Comment

• This is a little change of pace from bird pictures but to quote The Streets, "around here we say birds, not bitches" so I guess they tie together.

I took this picture last night at my niece's wedding and liked how it turned out. My seven year old is in the middle of her two older cousins (11 and 8).

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• i like it. your daughter must be very tall

Comment

• i took this picture last week on Alcatraz. i think it is nice.

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        i took this picture last week on Alcatraz. i think it is nice.

don't know if you're aware but there's this really cool locals only spot in sf called "fisherman's wharf." if you have time you should maybe swing by and get the authentic san francisco experience with some clam chowder and a novelty tshirt
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          don't know if you're aware but there's this really cool locals only spot in sf called "fisherman's wharf." if you have time you should maybe swing by and get the authentic san francisco experience with some clam chowder and a novelty tshirt
                          we went there! i bought this hilarious t shirt that reads, "Alcatraz Psycho Ward" across the front. The shirt also has fake blood stains on it.

sigpic

Comment

I should have guessed you would come into town and not say anything, given that in 2008 or so you promised to one day buy me a steak dinner at Vic Stewarts. Speaks volumes.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

These are tough situations for most cameras to handle, even the current ones. Really bright whites in full sun with dark shadows. Unless you do a bracketed series and combine with HDR software (some cameras can do this automatically), you either choose to have really dark areas with no detail or blow out the whites. In this case the area of the gull in full sun appears to be blown out/overexposed but you have detail and texture in the shaded concrete which is probably the right choice. Was this the Nikon 3300 that you purchased some time ago? If you shoot RAW in situations like this, you can sometimes use software to tame the hotspots.

Comment

These are tough situations for most cameras to handle, even the current ones. Really bright whites in full sun with dark shadows. Unless you do a bracketed series and combine with HDR software (some cameras can do this automatically), you either choose to have really dark areas with no detail or blow out the whites. In this case the area of the gull in full sun appears to be blown out/overexposed but you have detail and texture in the shaded concrete which is probably the right choice. Was this the Nikon 3300 that you purchased some time ago? If you shoot RAW in situations like this, you can sometimes use software to tame the hotspots.
                                I took it with my cell phone

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X