No announcement yet.

Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a high quality photo but a fun one taken from a Cessna that I got to fly over SF last weekend. Even with it being crystal clear, it was quite an exercise to be monitoring all the instruments to ensure a proper flight path, I can only imagine what it is like to fly at night or in the fog.

Comment

• some photos taken at auto show: These are electric sports cars. They are called something like fiskars or whiskers. Can get near 'em without a credit check.

Ferrari. Taken with an extremely wide lens to capture the entire car length.
      Last edited by Katy Lied; 01-25-2012, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• A tulip poplar leaf and bloom just budding out:

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• The top of the City of Asheville Building, an Art Deco masterpiece. The contrail was serendipitous.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Not photoshopped. He uses smoke machines and meticulously controlled HVAC conditions to create these:

Comment

• finally figured out how to take sports photos. Do not include the ball in the photo, unless it is moving very slow.

Comment

• She brought me a snap shot and wanted to use it in her high school graduation announcements. I had to use very heavy post production to remove artifacts and even out tones. Very little editing on her face-- just on everything around her.

Comment

• Looks great. It'd be interesting to see the 'before' shot for comparison.

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I found these pictures really cool. High speed photography of a water balloon bursting.

Comment

• Wow, those are amazing.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Near Odell Lake, Oregon. The pics need cropping, but I was happy with the results

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              Near Odell Lake, Oregon. The pics need cropping, but I was happy with the results
                              Great shots NWC. Also I can really tell from your pictures that whatever company manages the campgrounds at Odell Lake is doing a fantastic job. I'd go so far as to say the guy that runs it deserves a raise.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                Great shots NWC. Also I can really tell from your pictures that whatever company manages the campgrounds at Odell Lake is doing a fantastic job. I'd go so far as to say the guy that runs it deserves a raise.
                                Every time I've driven by there, (2x a year for 10 years) I thought that was Diamond Lake. I'll be... Pretty area to be sure.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X