Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
    Was in Nauvoo last week when Moroni got hit by lightening[ATTACH]9637[/ATTACH]
    Someone should let him know that blackface is not funny anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
      My favourite final three images from our week up north:

Comment

• Acadian Suzanne

Enjoyed a spontaneous road trip to the East Coast, stoping in Quebec City. We stayed with friends in New Brunswick and four out of the five days there I was able to walk to the small beach near their home and reacquaint myself with Suzanne:

Comment

Enjoyed a spontaneous road trip to the East Coast, stoping in Quebec City. We stayed with friends in New Brunswick and four out of the five days there I was able to walk to the small beach near their home and reacquaint myself with Suzanne:

My favorite of the 4. Love the clouds.

Comment

• Acadian Bumble Bee

Found opposite the boat among Loosestrife flowers (weeds):

Comment

Found opposite the boat among Loosestrife flowers (weeds):

Never ceases to amaze me how thin the DOF is for macro. Even when stopped down quite a bit. The third image shows nice detail where it matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                Never ceases to amaze me how thin the DOF is for macro. Even when stopped down quite a bit. The third image shows nice detail where it matters.
                I was using the 35mm and had to turn off auto focus. The bee was so active, I was just guessing as I focused and shot. In comparison, I am envious of your lens and ability to get shots like this with the almost water colour wash of green in front of the bird:

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post

Comment

I was using the 35mm and had to turn off auto focus. The bee was so active, I was just guessing as I focused and shot. In comparison, I am envious of your lens and ability to get shots like this with the almost water colour wash of green in front of the bird:
                  That's impressive at 35mm, what aperture? How close were you? Is it a significant crop? I rented the lens for that shot you referenced. That's 840mm 1/800 f/5.6 ISO 400. Was a pleasure to use that lens once I got used to the length and weight and could get it on subject somewhat reliably and quickly. I'm envious of those that can afford to buy one of those. Both foreground and background bokeh are fantastic.

I chased that bird around for about 20 minutes in a campground. People look at you funny when you do that. Mostly because they never encountered that type of equipment before.
                  Last edited by swampfrog; 07-19-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Damn.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      Damn.
                      Too bad he wasn't paying attention on Prime day. A bunch of people got stuff like that for under $100.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                        Too bad he wasn't paying attention on Prime day. A bunch of people got stuff like that for under $100.
                        I saw that this morning. My SIL texted this to me: https://www.pcmag.com/news/369608/am...ns-sold-for-94

I can't believe Amazon is honoring that. Absolutely crazy. I was watching prime day on and off, but typically branded camera gear is restricted by MAP. I'd have ordered as many as they would have allowed. That type of glass sells used for 75% or better of original price.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          Wow. My brother is usually right on those crazy deals and lets me know. He missed this one though
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

That's impressive at 35mm, what aperture? How close were you? Is it a significant crop? I rented the lens for that shot you referenced. That's 840mm 1/800 f/5.6 ISO 400. Was a pleasure to use that lens once I got used to the length and weight and could get it on subject somewhat reliably and quickly. I'm envious of those that can afford to buy one of those. Both foreground and background bokeh are fantastic.

I chased that bird around for about 20 minutes in a campground. People look at you funny when you do that. Mostly because they never encountered that type of equipment before.
                            35mm f/3.3 1/640 ISO 100 ... the second and third image are cropped. Here's the full image of the third one:

Comment

• Acadian Beach

Going through lots of images, not as many as Swamp's Oregon tour, but quite a few:

Comment

• Bay of Fundy & Hope Well Rocks

Shot a lot of images on the beaches at Hope Well Rocks. It is really hard to capture the grandeur, and just how remarkably fast the tide goes out (1 foot per minute). I did not expect to be as wowed as I was—very much worth the visit:

Comment

Working...
                                X