Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
    I entered a local contest for photos taken within the confines of the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge. 2nd place landscape category. Probably posted this photo in this thread somewhere.
    Congratulations.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I entered a local contest for photos taken within the confines of the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge. 2nd place landscape category. Probably posted this photo in this thread somewhere.
      You should've won. Looks rigged. Raul Moreno has compromising (mediocre) photos of the judges.

In case Raul Moreno ever stumbles across this page: it was a joke.
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
        You should've won. Looks rigged. Raul Moreno has compromising (mediocre) photos of the judges.

In case Raul Moreno ever stumbles across this page: it was a joke.
        I preferred mine, but I'm biased...

Comment

• Reppin in...Amed, Bali???

0BF31B3B-EF15-4190-B821-5B8D286EBE4B.jpg
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Work conference at the Hotel Del coronado

Comment

• How was your stay? I've considered staying there in the past, but have always just stayed up the beach at the Navy Lodge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                How was your stay? I've considered staying there in the past, but have always just stayed up the beach at the Navy Lodge.
                Wish I could answer that question, most of us were lodged in nearby hotels. I was in El Cordova.

The room had a bed and a shower, can't say much else positive or negative about it. It really was all I needed. All of the conference was at The Del Coronado, but I didn't get to see any lodging rooms.

Comment

• Watch out for the tranny in the all-female musical group. Former mobster.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Watch out for the tranny in the all-female musical group. Former mobster.
                    There were rumors that the act was hot, and apparently that's how some like it, but the blonde bombshell was absolutely mesmerizing, so I didn't notice.

Comment

There were rumors that the act was hot, and apparently that's how some like it, but the blonde bombshell was absolutely mesmerizing, so I didn't notice.
                      When my kids were younger (early teens) I rented that movie from Blockbuster. When I started playing it, they started whining ("Daaaaad. Why did you get a stupid old movie?!"). I told them to shut up and watch. They loved it. As soon as it was over they wanted to immediately watch it again.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        And... with uncharacteristic spontaneity, I decided to take the missus on a cruise later month. It begins and ends in Rome where I've arranged for a professional photographer to take us around the major sites late at night (between 9 and 1) while he instructs my wife on how to get the best shots.
                        We did the late night photography tour three nights ago. Our guide/instructor was excellent, with loads of insights about Roman history and culture, as well as photography.

It rained lightly as the night went on, but that irritation was offset by the nice effect of shiny streets. We have dozens of photos we're happy with, but I'll post just four from my wife's camera (my iPhone shots were pretty nice as well). Note the absence of people, the result of (a) the late night, and (b) the fact that with long exposures anything moving (i.e., people, cars, etc.) disappears from the photo.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          We did the late night photography tour three nights ago. Our guide/instructor was excellent, with loads of insights about Roman history and culture, as well as photography.

It rained lightly as the night went on, but that irritation was offset by the nice effect of shiny streets. We have dozens of photos we're happy with, but I'll post just four from my wife's camera (my iPhone shots were pretty nice as well). Note the absence of people, the result of (a) the late night, and (b) the fact that with long exposures anything moving (i.e., people, cars, etc.) disappears from the photo.

Jealousy is oozing through my fingers...I must go repent now. Great stuff.

Comment

• Some more from the work conference.

Comment

• And the panorama, I think this was 5 images stitched together.

Comment

• PAC, we can really tell you've been taking a class. Your pics and your wife's pics have gotten magnitudes better.
                                Swamp, like the pano, like the one of the Life Guard Stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X