Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 1,471 to 1,489 of 1489

Thread: Official Photography Thread

Quote Originally Posted by swampfrog View Post
    Is that really purple hair, photoshopped, or another case of yanny/laurel?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
    I see green hair.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
    That's her current hair color, though it's been digitally lightened in this shot.

I could claim that it's not her hair, it's a headdress, and I'm not sure if it's blue/black or gold/white...

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I see green hair.
    Purple!

I don't have an account there that makes me a recipient of shared receipts, that's the next tier I believe. I've offered here before to provide high resolution copies upon request, nothing has changed. This is a hobby for me. I do shoot occasional portraits or events, and I may expand that in the future. I'm hesitant to make a change to monetizing a hobby. I'm honored that you chose something I produced.
    ^This sums up my fear with SmugMug subsuming Flickr. You obviously have an account because that's where your site directed me in order to place my order :-) I could've downloaded it and printed it myself at my college, but I don't like our large format giclee printer and hate the paper we print on. It didn't cost me any more to order it than to take it someplace locally to get it printed. The print I received is an actual photographic print, which I am pleased with: details are crisp and the image looks great.
    Last edited by tooblue; 05-16-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    ^This sums up my fear with SmugMug subsuming Flickr. You obviously have an account because that's where your site directed me in order to place my order :-) I could've downloaded it and printed it myself at my college, but I don't like our large format giclee printer and hate the paper we print on. It didn't cost me any more to order it than to take it someplace locally to get it printed. The print I received is an actual photographic print, which I am pleased with: details are crisp and the image looks great.
    I haven't finished with the site yet, someday...maybe. Smugmug does give me a lot of control over who can see what. I can keep you from downloading higher resolution files if you just directly browse from the main page, which is what I feared had happened. I have multiple unique links that allow access to higher resolution files for specific people/purpose. Anytime I link in this forum I use galleries that grant access to download any resolution file for anyone with a direct link. Flickr doesn't give me that kind of control and having it is worth the cost right now. If I thought I could sell enough prints to justify the next tier (where I get a cut) I would, but I wouldn't do that for photos here.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the future with Flickr.

How big did you print and what options did you select? I printed several at 8x12, glossy and metallic just to see what the results were relative to Costco. They aren't much more expensive than a Costco print, and higher quality. I believe the default SmugMug provider is EZprints based in Norcross, GA. Anything 13 x 19 or less I print at home on a Canon PRO-100 (which is essentially free when you buy a Canon camera bundle). At the next higher tier I can select other additional print houses to be used.

I haven't finished with the site yet, someday...maybe. Smugmug does give me a lot of control over who can see what. I can keep you from downloading higher resolution files if you just directly browse from the main page, which is what I feared had happened. I have multiple unique links that allow access to higher resolution files for specific people/purpose. Anytime I link in this forum I use galleries that grant access to download any resolution file for anyone with a direct link. Flickr doesn't give me that kind of control and having it is worth the cost right now. If I thought I could sell enough prints to justify the next tier (where I get a cut) I would, but I wouldn't do that for photos here.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the future with Flickr.

How big did you print and what options did you select? I printed several at 8x12, glossy and metallic just to see what the results were relative to Costco. They aren't much more expensive than a Costco print, and higher quality. I believe the default SmugMug provider is EZprints based in Norcross, GA. Anything 13 x 19 or less I print at home on a Canon PRO-100 (which is essentially free when you buy a Canon camera bundle). At the next higher tier I can select other additional print houses to be used.
    12x18 Luster finish. It will join some interesting art hanging in our home that includes original paintings etc. I have one other photo: a giclee print of an Italian hillside village by a former MFA colleague. She shoots in polaroid. Blown up the image has an etherial feel to it. Your image will work well in another room, maybe on a wall near a painting by my brother in-law, a 4 spot colour wood block print from a former classmate from Art School and a large print of the Berlin, Germany commuter train system from 1882.
    Last edited by tooblue; 05-16-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Shot these yesterday ...

Roughly 6:30 pm

Roughly 8:40 pm

Roughly 8:45 pm

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Is that a panorama? Strong shot regardless: gives a great sense of a sweeping vista.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    Is that a panorama? Strong shot regardless: gives a great sense of a sweeping vista.
    Yes, it’s from the top of Enchanted Rock.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Yes, it’s from the top of Enchanted Rock.
    Enchanting.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Been a while since I've been out to shoot for fun instead of graduation stuff. Went on a bird "workshop" with a local camera store sponsored by Olympus. At a local refuge 15 minutes from home that I haunt fairly regularly.

And then yesterday to check on the osprey nest. There might be more to come from the nest in the future. Sat out watching for about 2.5 hours. Hoping to catch one landing with a fish. Mostly struck out.

Last edited by swampfrog; 06-19-2018 at 02:35 PM.

I always check this thread when I've seen that you've posted to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    I always check this thread when I've seen that you've posted to it.
    I had been previously aware of the phrases "glutton for punishment" and "definition of insanity", thank you for showing how they can be used simultaneously.

I also check this thread when I see you have posted - you've taken some great shots

Thnx for sharing them.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Saw some images from this book. Reminds me of some of Swamp's night photos ...

http://www.powerhousebooks.com/books/detroit-nocturne/

A Detroit Nocturne

In a continuation of Dave Jordano’s critically-acclaimed Detroit: Unbroken Down (powerHouse Books, 2015) which documented the lives of struggling residents, A Detroit Nocturne is an artist’s book not of people this time, but instead the places within which they live and work: structures, dwellings, and storefronts.

A few more from the same location as the osprey nest.