No announcement yet.

Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another from Portland at night, again with lots of lines.

Comment

• nice. these almost make it look like portland isn't a third world butt hole ruled by the militant homeless
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        nice. these almost make it look like portland isn't a third world butt hole ruled by the militant homeless
        Please don't ever stop thinking that.

Comment

• A couple more from the same evening. Prowling the streets of Portland at midnight is...interesting.

Comment

• I'm not a photography expert, but my 14 yo daughter is an aspiring one. She took this one of the sunset back on our lake while fishing over the weekend.
            sky.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
              I'm not a photography expert, but my 14 yo daughter is an aspiring one. She took this one of the sunset back on our lake while fishing over the weekend.
              [ATTACH]8281[/ATTACH]
              Nice colors, but look out for the 'level horizon' police! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                99% of the photos she takes intentionally are taken at an angle. It's a teenage thing I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                  Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                  99% of the photos she takes intentionally are taken at an angle. It's a teenage thing I think.
                  mtnbiker's talking about me. 99% of landscape shots taken at an angle should be leveled as they look 999% better that way. In almost all cases a non-level horizon is at best a distraction, at worst it means a viewer will simply dismiss it as uninteresting and move on.

As discussed here: http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1330964

sky.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                    Another from Portland at night, again with lots of lines.

That is a fantastic photo. I love the colour in the windows, off to the right—the composition on the whole is sublime, in particular how the blues and teals are contrasted against the orange netting. Your other night time images are also lovely: excellent exposure and composition.
                    Last edited by tooblue; 10-09-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• It's Thanksgiving weekend. The weather has been so nice, we went up north. Here are a few shots from yesterday evening:

... I created a flickr account, but can't seem to link the images—any suggestions?
                      Last edited by tooblue; 10-09-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                        It's Thanksgiving weekend. The weather has been so nice, we went up north. Here are a few shots from yesterday evening:

... I created a flickr account, but can't seem to link the images—any suggestions?
                        OK, guess I need to use the BBcode links:

Last edited by tooblue; 10-09-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

It's Thanksgiving weekend. The weather has been so nice, we went up north for the weekend. Here are a few shots from yesterday evening:

Use the share button, then click on the "BBCode" heading. Pick the "large" size (at least that's what I do). Copy that and paste it into your post, you may want to edit out your name.

Edit: nvm, too late

Comment

OK, guess I need to use the BBcode links:

mtnbiker, for the record, here I don't mind the tilted horizon!

Comment

That is a fantastic photo. I love the colour in the windows, off to the right—the composition on the whole is sublime, in particular how the blues and teals are contrasted against the orange netting. Your other night time images are also lovely: excellent exposure and composition.
                              Thanks, this is one of my favorites. I was walking to get another vantage point of the bridge, saw this and immediately started trying to figure out the perspective I liked the most. Finally sat down and there it was. Most of the images are either 3 or 5 frame composites. This one was 3 frames. It's was much better to not have the lights be washed out whites. Makes carrying the tripod worth it when you combine the images on the computer and it works out exactly as hoped.

Comment

• Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                                I'm not a photography expert, but my 14 yo daughter is an aspiring one. She took this one of the sunset back on our lake while fishing over the weekend.
                                Whoa. Back up. What do you mean by "our lake"? And what kind of fish?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X