No announcement yet.

Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for a short walk/hike with just the 10-18mm. Challenging in the PNW to manage the busyness of so much foliage at the wide angles.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      Pretty funky shot.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• A few from a quick weekend to Seattle. Love polarized skies.

Comment

• From the local refuges again.

Comment

• some more tundra swans in flight, early evening light

Comment

• You make it look so easy.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                You make it look so easy.
                Tundra swans are fairly easy at the refuge. Sit in your car, wait until they fly towards you. Obviously I don't post the several hundred throwaways (clipped, out-of focus, poorly framed, etc.), love digital. And I've finally (mostly) learned not to press the shutter button when the bird only occupies 1/50th of the frame, or when they are flying or looking away (which saves several hundred more presses of the delete key).

Comment

Tundra swans are fairly easy at the refuge. Sit in your car, wait until they fly towards you. Obviously I don't post the several hundred throwaways (clipped, out-of focus, poorly framed, etc.), love digital. And I've finally (mostly) learned not to press the shutter button when the bird only occupies 1/50th of the frame, or when they are flying or looking away (which saves several hundred more presses of the delete key).
                  I found this one today, photo by Wilson Chen. It's pretty amazing.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    I found this one today, photo by Wilson Chen. It's pretty amazing.

Wow. What a great shot. Osprey are one of my favorite species to watch. Especially when they fully submerge after a dive like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Official Photography Thread

I took in my first Photography Workshop in Death Valley at the beginning of the month. I talked work into covering the costs as my photos get used in all of our publication and outreach material. $700 for a Saturday and Sunday. I’d probably be pretty disappointed if it had been my own money, but glad that I could just enjoy the experience. I rented a 10-30 mm wide angle for the weekend and really enjoyed playing around with that. Here’s a few of the shots that I’ve had a chance to play around with.

Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 03-01-2019, 03:02 PM.
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Holy cow, Dwight. Well done!
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                          I took in my first Photography Workshop in Death Valley at the beginning of the month. I talked work into covering the costs as my photos get used in all of our publication and outreach material. $700 for a Saturday and Sunday. I’d probably be pretty disappointed if it had been my own money, but glad that I could just enjoy the experience. I rented a 10-30 mm wide angle for the weekend and really enjoyed playing around with that. Here’s a few of the shots that I’ve had a chance to play around with.

Nice work. I tend to not saturate to that level (I should revisit my reluctance), these are done to good effect.

Comment

• "First class" means more than one thing there.

Comment

• These are a little more dramatic than I would typically go. Subjects from yesterday, though I've shared other outings to the same locations.

Comment

These are a little more dramatic than I would typically go. Subjects from yesterday, though I've shared other outings to the same locations.
                                Cool.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X