Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BYU vs. AFA pix
    Composition has always come naturally to me. Unfortunately as I have confessed above, the technical aspects elude me, which is why I have been taking so many photos, to try and get better. I am also willing to take pix in really bad light, from the back of the end zone seats, even tho I know the resulting photo will suck.

tubaline

AFA Kicker

Rich Interception

Filling the gaps
    Last edited by Katy Lied; 11-22-2009, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      AFA Kicker
      Great shot KL.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Space Ghost
        Canon 30D
        Canon 50mm prime (the cheaper $100 unit)
        No flash
        Self-timer
        Nice family photo. Did you make the outfits for the kids? My mom used to do that some years, and some years not. I guess it depended on how much holiday cheer she wanted to spread.

Comment

What a soul patch! That is fabulous.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            What a soul patch! That is fabulous.
            Yeah his stock just went up.

Comment

Canon 30D
              Canon 50mm prime (the cheaper $100 unit)
              No flash
              Self-timer
              That's a great photo. I love that smile on your baby girl.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Me and Gidget looked at your post at the same time.

I said, "Whoa, SG's wife is pretty."

She said, "Whoa, SG looks cool."

Nice fam man.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

And since the focal plane is so narrow, the bokeh on the 50mm prime lens is phenomenal.
                  Wow. I never thought I'd see a discussion of bokeh on CUF. Wow. You should contribute more.

Sunset LES

Comment

An interesting photo happened to me today.

I was hanging out at temple square and saw this interesting drinking fountain. Of course, being that it is temple square, the fountain is spotless, even though it looks old.

When I got home and looked through my pictures, I wondered about this fountain so I googled it. Turns out, this company has a monthly photo contest of their drinking fountains (and sometimes their other products)! The photo must show their name (Murdock) clearly, and their product should be presented in various seasons of the year. What are the odds I entered their contest without knowing it.

http://www.murdock-supersecur.com/in...id=8&Itemid=29

Comment

Lambs Cafe, Nov. 2009

SL Temple, Nov. 2009

The oldest building in SLC, next to the newest building in SLC:

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        An interesting photo happened to me today.

I was hanging out at temple square and saw this interesting drinking fountain. Of course, being that it is temple square, the fountain is spotless, even though it looks old.

When I got home and looked through my pictures, I wondered about this fountain so I googled it. Turns out, this company has a monthly photo contest of their drinking fountains (and sometimes their other products)! The photo must show their name (Murdock) clearly, and their product should be presented in various seasons of the year. What are the odds I entered their contest without knowing it.

http://www.murdock-supersecur.com/in...id=8&Itemid=29
                        Very cool, I would think you have a shot at winning. What can you win a water fountain in your backyard?
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

We got our house Christmas lights up last weekend (see attached).
                          Shutter priority (Tv)
                          Exposure time: 1 sec
                          ISO400
                          No flash
                          Tripod mount (obviously)

The moonlight is reflecting off of some low fog that was present tonight over a lake behind our house. The moon was lower earlier (and provided more lateral illumination), but I was busy putting the kids to bed and couldn't get out to take that shot. The long exposure time was necessary to get the moonlit fog behind the house to show up. Unfortunately, the Christmas lights are a bit bright as a result. Like I said, an hour earlier would have been better. Maybe tomorrow night the same fog will be there.

cheers.
                          I'm thinking this SpaceGhost guy is a pretty good addition to CUF.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Shutter priority (Tv)
                            ISO400
                            No flash
                            Tripod mount (obviously)

The moonlight is reflecting off of some low fog that was present tonight over a lake behind our house. The moon was lower earlier (and provided more lateral illumination), but I was busy putting the kids to bed and couldn't get out to take that shot. The long exposure time was necessary to get the moonlit fog behind the house to show up. Unfortunately, the Christmas lights are a bit bright as a result. Like I said, an hour earlier would have been better. Maybe tomorrow night the same fog will be there.

cheers.

I like christmas light pictures. Very sweet SG.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Shutter priority (Tv)
                              ISO400
                              No flash
                              Tripod mount (obviously)

cheers.
                              I like. I am a sucker for Christmas - I agree with wuap - nice addition to CUF

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Shutter priority (Tv)
                                ISO400
                                No flash
                                Tripod mount (obviously)

cheers.
                                From the photo it looks like you prefer white C7's for your exterior illumination. Am I right?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X