Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Done and done... thanks.

I bet I'm the only person here who can tell where that photo was taken just by looking at it.
    Do you drive the refuge loop often? I try to get there every other month or so.

Comment

Done and done... thanks.

I bet I'm the only person here who can tell where that photo was taken just by looking at it.
      I'll take that bet.

swampfrog knows
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
        Do you drive the refuge loop often? I try to get there every other month or so.
        I'm saying (thinking) it's off of SR14 right where the Gorge begins on the Washington side. About a mile or so before you hit Washougal.

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        I'll take that bet.

Ok... I'll buy you lunch next time we get together in Boise.
        Last edited by clackamascoug; 10-13-2018, 02:40 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I'm saying (thinking) it's off of SR14 right where the Gorge begins on the Washington side. About a mile or so before you hit Washougal.

Ok... I'll buy you lunch next time we get together in Boise.
          Sweet. You wanna get Whoppers, or are you more of a Big Mac fan?
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Sweet. You wanna get Whoppers, or are you more of a Big Mac fan?
            I was thinking Big Bun on Overland. But I do prefer the Whopper over the Big Mac, but Carl's Junior has the better burgers than the aforementioned. The $5 box is a good deal there.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I was thinking Big Bun on Overland. But I do prefer the Whopper over the Big Mac, but Carl's Junior has the better burgers than the aforementioned. The $5 box is a good deal there.
              I like Big Bun and I cannot lie.
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• My first time posting in this thread, but I was kind of proud of this shot. We'd just finished trailing a large group of cows to a winter pasture about 14 miles from home and everything -cowboys, horses, dogs, and cows we're beat -finishing up just as the sun went down. This is a shot of my foreman as he and I were riding back from closing the gate.

Last edited by cowboy; 10-14-2018, 06:53 AM.
                sigpic
                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                  My first time posting in this thread, but I was kind of proud of this shot. We'd just finished trailing a large group of cows to a winter pasture about 14 miles from home and everything -cowboys, horses, dogs, and cows we're beat -finishing up just as the sun went down. This is a shot of my foreman as he and I were riding back from closing the gate.
                  There's a great picture in there somewhere, just need to rotate it and touch it up a bit. It's low resolution, but in this case it works to give the feel of a painting. Here's a quick touch-up.cowboy-Edit.jpg

Comment

You are thinking of Steigerwald, which I also photograph a lot and the first image in the series is from there (of Crown Point), but this particular image is from the S unit of the Ridgefield refuge. There's a 4 mile auto tour loop where you can shoot from your car, and this image is from there. When the fog sets in, it's quite magical.

Last edited by swampfrog; 10-13-2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

There's a great picture in there somewhere, just need to rotate it and touch it up a bit. It's low resolution, but in this case it works to give the feel of a painting. Here's a quick touch-up.
                      I was hoping you'd comment. It was straight when I posted from my phone, so thanks for the touch-up (I rotated it with my PC this morning.) It would be better quality, but I was back a ways and needed to zoom in. I wanted it to be natural and catch the moment, so I didn't want him to stop and didn't have time to catch the silhouetted hat if I trotted up closer. A camera phone is obviously not the best phone for the shot, either.

Your thread contributions to this thread have inspired me, though. I don't comment, but I really enjoy your pictures. I have begun thinking about capturing moments like these instead of just enjoying them for myself.
                      sigpic
                      "Outlined against a blue, gray
                      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                        I was hoping you'd comment. It was straight when I posted from my phone, so thanks for the touch-up (I rotated it with my PC this morning.) It would be better quality, but I was back a ways and needed to zoom in. I wanted it to be natural and catch the moment, so I didn't want him to stop and didn't have time to catch the silhouetted hat if I trotted up closer. A camera phone is obviously not the best phone for the shot, either.

Your thread contributions to this thread have inspired me, though. I don't comment, but I really enjoy your pictures. I have begun thinking about capturing moments like these instead of just enjoying them for myself.
                        As is often quoted in the photography world, the best camera for any shot is the one you have with you. Generally, don't zoom in with a phone, (except when it lets you see exactly what you want to capture). Zooming on a phone is exactly the same as cropping the picture later on your PC. Cropping later lets you pick exactly where you want to cut the edges.

Most photographers (including myself) have exactly the opposite problem, we tend to get so caught up in capturing moments, that we don't always just take the time to enjoy them.

Comment

There's a great picture in there somewhere, just need to rotate it and touch it up a bit. It's low resolution, but in this case it works to give the feel of a painting.
                          I would not be shocked to find that in the coming years cowboy picks up painting and uses pictures like these from his camera for his work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            I would not be shocked to find that in the coming years cowboy picks up painting and uses pictures like these from his camera for his work.
                            Neither would I

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiente View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Wow. Beautiful shot. Where's that?

Is that a Subaru hiding in the vegetation?
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X