No announcement yet.

Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got out yesterday in the "golden" hour at the same spot, but there is now a little more green there, and swans, and a beaver if you can spot it ...

Comment

• Lovely place, tooblue.

Some more from recent walks. Also taken from early morning, late evening with more dynamic light.

Comment

• Evening, visibly decreasing light as I walk.

Comment

• Comment

• Spent the $100 from last year's local refuge photo contest to rent a 500mm for the weekend. Really need to figure out how to finance one of those. Probably should go with the Kate Kelly model. What a joy to use. Click to view larger sizes.

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by Copelius; 05-30-2020, 03:15 PM.
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                      Love the composition of this one.

Comment

• Some days suck. So you go to the refuge to drive the loop. On the 3rd loop, it's starting to get dark, but there are a couple of swallows hopping on and off a chain barrier for an access road. Sure why not see if you can catch one in flight? Even though you are using a 2x extender to get to 400mm which often underperforms at flight photography--in good light. You bump up the ISO to 6400 to get the shutter speed to 1/1250 of a second. Sure enough, everything's set and you get almost focused on one and poof, they scatter. You look up and...Boom, that's why.

Last edited by swampfrog; 06-03-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Great shots!

Comment

• Wow!

What is that red-winged blackbird doing?
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Wow!

What is that red-winged blackbird doing?
                                They regularly harass predators to drive them away from nests. I have a series of one doing the same to a great horned owl that will eventually show up in the Oregon tour thread. Other birds do it also.
                                Last edited by swampfrog; 06-03-2020, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X