Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 1,591 to 1,599 of 1599

Thread: Official Photography Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    It's a meandering creek and the drone isn't moving, just hovering high above (at least that is what the sensor is supposed to ensure it does, but wind as a way of distorting what the lens captures when you are shooting from that high up. I really like the line movement in the shot.
    thanks

I rotated it 90 degrees clockwise and the photogrammetry part of my brain was much happier with the result.

It is a great picture in that the original really makes me uneasy and feel like I am falling forward.

I guess I could've walked down the hill and chopped that tree down ... ultimately, I decided against it.
    The lazy photographer's excuse.

I could digitally remove it, but decided against doing that.
    It's more along the lines of could you find a vantage point where you could get just a bit lower so as to capture the base of the tree (and some grass underneath). Landscape shots are often enhanced by a clean, unbroken, uniform base along the bottom edge. There may have been more stuff below that you didn't want included.

Quote Originally Posted by swampfrog View Post
    The lazy photographer's excuse.

It's more along the lines of could you find a vantage point where you could get just a bit lower so as to capture the base of the tree (and some grass underneath). Landscape shots are often enhanced by a clean, unbroken, uniform base along the bottom edge. There may have been more stuff below that you didn't want included.
    It's really weird that there was just this lone young tree sitting there. I was at the top of a hill. I tried cropping the image so you could just see the top half of the trees, focusing on the 'Close Encounters' clouds but it just didn't feel right. At the bottom of the image, just beyond that tree there is a dirt road and a bunch of boulders dumped along side it. I didn't like the look of them either, so I tried to find a happy medium.

That really was the best vantage point, unless I climbed a tree, and I ain't doing that at I my age :-)
    Last edited by tooblue; Yesterday at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    Was leaving the Grand Valley and looked back to see the moon coming over the Grand Mesa.
    Don't want this image to get lost in other discussions ... is that with your phone?

Don't want this image to get lost in other discussions ... is that with your phone?
    No. DSLR (Nikon D7200) with some post processing to bring out the moon. The Mesa is about 30 miles from where I took the shot. Mt Garfield, in the lower left corner is about 20 miles.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    No. DSLR (Nikon D7200) with some post processing to bring out the moon. The Mesa is about 30 miles from where I took the shot. Mt Garfield, in the lower left corner is about 20 miles.
    Didn't think it was with a phone. The sky and moon is lovely ... have you tried to pull out the details below in the Mesa?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mornings from the front yard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sunset from tonight.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf