No announcement yet.

Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You live in a beautiful place, tooblue. Too bad it's in Canada.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      I like composition of the 1st slightly better, but prefer the processing of the 2nd. The first appears over-sharpened (halos around the birds). Both are very nice.
      The first actually has very little sharpening (clarity) added. It's some sort of artefact in the image—you can see the red and blue as if it is unregistered. That image was actually a part of an image sequence I tried to shoot but screwed up. I thought I had turned off auto focus, but didn't and so the camera got the shots but the focus kept changing.

I really like the softness of the second image.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
        The first actually has very little sharpening (clarity) added. It's some sort of artefact in the image—you can see the red and blue as if it is unregistered. That image was actually a part of an image sequence I tried to shoot but screwed up. I thought I had turned off auto focus, but didn't and so the camera got the shots but the focus kept changing.

I really like the softness of the second image.
        Interesting, do you shoot jpeg or RAW? The one has the look I get when I push sharpening in LR or Photoshop just a little too far. Just a bit "crunchy".

Comment

Interesting, do you shoot jpeg or RAW? The one has the look I get when I push sharpening in LR or Photoshop just a little too far. Just a bit "crunchy".
          I shoot in RAW and really didn't add much clarity. The other images in the sequence are fine, I just liked that one because of the Geese flying in formation. When I get a chance I'll piece together the image sequence and post it. It's still compelling, I just wish I had not forgotten to turn off auto focus.

Comment

I shoot in RAW and really didn't add much clarity. The other images in the sequence are fine, I just liked that one because of the Geese flying in formation. When I get a chance I'll piece together the image sequence and post it. It's still compelling, I just wish I had not forgotten to turn off auto focus.
            I got out tonight and reshot the image sequence—click on the image to go to the video:

Comment

I got out tonight and reshot the image sequence—click on the image to go to the video:

Very cool, I can't find a control to slow that down. Is there one on Flickr?

Comment

Very cool, I can't find a control to slow that down. Is there one on Flickr?
                It looks like you can right-click and download it to play on the media player of your choice.

Comment

• B2427339-94B2-4A43-9C61-B24D7B950FBC.jpg

Kauai sunrise

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                    [ATTACH]9204[/ATTACH]

Kauai sunrise
                    Nice. Still there?
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      Nice. Still there?
                      At the airport, waiting to get on the plane to come home

Comment

• My wife voluntold me to help out with senior pictures for the oldest kid in a family that recently lost their father to brain cancer. (Was actually happy to do it.) I was 2nd counselor in the YM program when he was a deacon. Of course the morning we pick is clear and sunny. Still got some images that I liked. Edited in various styles.

Comment

My wife voluntold me to help out with senior pictures for the oldest kid in a family that recently lost their father to brain cancer. (Was actually happy to do it.) I was 2nd counselor in the YM program when he was a deacon. Of course the morning we pick is clear and sunny. Still got some images that I liked. Edited in various styles.
                          Those look really nice and will be great for him and his mother to have many years down the road. I wish you lived nearer to the Bay Area. I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. Swampfrog....

Comment

• Senior pictures are stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              Senior pictures are stupid.
                              Someone is bitter that his "junior pictures" idea never took off.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                Senior pictures are stupid.
                                I don't disagree with this.

Comment

Working...
                                X