Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    the Papermakers? Terrible mascot.

I kinda think it's awesome. And super easy to pluralize without sounding naughty!
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Your timing sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
        On the bright side, maybe the area will smell better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

I kinda think it's awesome. And super easy to pluralize without sounding naughty!
          Not as cool as the Beetdiggers...

Comment

No kidding. If they played the Scissors, they would never win.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

kyle fraughton is a huge dingus.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Why are they building a new high school that looks like an old high school?

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Why are they building a new high school that looks like an old high school?
                  Looks like a school that Judy Jetson would attend.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

On the bright side, maybe the area will smell better.
                    They mostly fixed that a few years ago. The local real estate agents sell the homes in the most affected areas to the migrating Californians. so it really is a win-win.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                      Probably just look for a good package at Costco, etc. Stick with whatever brand you use so you can exchange lenses. I know Canon has regular package deal with printers, flashes, or other accessories that are usually very price competitive. I assume Nikon does the same. We have bought around the $500 kit for 3 our kids as they turned 16. It stuck with the last one as a hobby, and even making some money doing senior pictures (she borrows my lenses).

The D3400 Triple Lens Parent's kit looks like a nice package. A 35mm 1.8 would be a nice lens to have once they move beyond the basics. The telephoto is useful, but the image quality of the basic telephotos are usually suspect.

Every single entry level DSLR that Nikon or Canon makes are fantastic cameras when it comes to basic landscape photography or non-moving subjects. The technology has simply evolved to the point where reviewers are having to make much ado about nothing to differentiate them.

The next step up (D5600) is the sweet spot for me if you expect your kid to continue as a hobby. You get a tilt touch screen, better auto-focusing options, and more frames per second. It's a more versatile body. Can shoot sports or wildlife more readily and the tilt screen is great for video, or getting the "above the crowd" shot. I wish I had one (The Canon 7D mkII doesn't have the tilt or touch screen).
                      Lots and lots of good DSLR deals from both Canon and Nikon. Looks like a good season to be buying camera gear. Wish I had $2K to buy into a 6DII.

Comment

• Got the Nikon D3400 deal from Costco. It came with two lenses, all the way up to 300mm. I'm sure they'll love it. Only $499 too.
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          Got the Nikon D3400 deal from Costco. It came with two lenses, all the way up to 300mm. I'm sure they'll love it. Only $499 too.
                          There are even better deals out there. For example, same basic package, but extras thrown in: Adorama D3400 deal

Love the Costco for immediate access and return policy though.

Comment

• Been busy and hadn't been out to the refuge in a bit. It was a slightly hazy morning, which usually gives nice soft directional light. Here's a few:

Comment

• And a few more from the refuge.

Comment

• gorgeous

Comment

Working...
                                X