Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Sunrise Wednesday morning over a cold Mt. St. Helens.

Love the detail in your treeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      Coconut bracelets
      I realize that this thread is swiftly turning into the "thread that only KL cares about," but if I keep posting here, I keep working at it.

So, when you wonder if this thread is fun for others, just know that this photo makes me very happy. The different colors of brown and her skin tone make it seem like the light source is a bright candle and she's looking away from it like she's indifferent to the camera's presence. Very nice photo. You've made her beautiful without eroticizing her at all.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Natural side light, against a black sheet.

Natural side light, against white poster board.

Comment

Psyanky
          Ostrich Egg, designed by Luba Perchyshyn, dyed by Katy Lied
          Chicken Egg, designed and dyed by Katy Lied

Comment

Psyanky
            Good grief, you are talented. Please tell how you dyed those with such an intricate pattern. I can't even pull off two-tone PAAS ones at Easter.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              Good grief, you are talented. Please tell how you dyed those with such an intricate pattern. I can't even pull off two-tone PAAS ones at Easter.
              Yeah, color me impressed (pun intended ).
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                Sunrise Wednesday morning over a cold Mt. St. Helens.

Hey, where'd the top go?
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  Please tell how you dyed those with such an intricate pattern. I can't even pull off two-tone PAAS ones at Easter.
                  The exact process as those two-tone PAAS ones. In between the dye colors, you cover the areas where you want to keep the color with beeswax. It's not very complex--just tedious.

Misty Bridge to Magna

Comment

KL, you are very talented. I enjoy looking at your shots.

Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

The exact process as those two-tone PAAS ones. In between the dye colors, you cover the areas where you want to keep the color with beeswax. It's not very complex--just tedious.
                      When God made me, one of my many weaknesses he decided to inflict on me was impatience. I'm not good at tedious tasks. I'm glad that there are people like you who are good at them.

Comment

Ha! I have tried that before. It is easy to get a messy looking egg that looks like an arts and crafts project. To accomplish something like your two eggs is incredible. Well done.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Saw this picture today on APOD. I almost put it in the religion forum.

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Really like the second one. Very moody and masculine.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              Saw this picture today on APOD.
                              You know, the more junk in the sky (vapor trails, cloud reflections, lens flare, camera artifacts, etc) the more interesting and beautiful I think the picture is.

Comment

Psyanky
                                If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Working...
                                X