Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Maybe i'm the only one who never realized these were hyperlinked images. thanks
    You are not.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Up on top of the springs

Comment

• Still up on top of Mammoth

Comment

• And the final series, left mammoth and drove back to Lake Hotel. Can't wait to get back again.

Here's a link to the slideshow of the full trip for anyone that wants to look through all 145 of the images I decided to process.

Yellowstone 2018

Comment

• I can't compete with Yellowstone, or the size of swamps' lens, but it is Thanksgiving weekend here and though the days are grey, it is a lovely time of year to hike in the woods. My three favourite shots from a Sunday wander-about before sitting down to feast:

Last edited by tooblue; 10-08-2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
              I can't compete with Yellowstone, or the size of swamps' lens's, but it is Thanksgiving weekend here and though the days are grey, it is a lovely time of year to hike in the woods. My three favourite shots from a Sunday wander-about before sitting down to feast:
              Something is wrong with me. That's all I noticed. Here is my pet dinosaur.
              IMG_20160212_100400-1.jpg
              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                [ATTACH]9126[/ATTACH]
                It was a rented lens, I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse. All nature photographers are envious of longer lenses. One fellow photographer at Yellowstone felt the need to let me know my rented long lens was being used inappropriately as it was mounted on the wrong tripod head. His lens of course was sheathed with appropriate protection--a camouflaged LensCoat--and mounted on the right head for maximum flexibility. His tripod legs were carbon fiber, which provides better stiffness and vibration control. My aluminum legs are more suspect to frigidity.

I should stop now.

Try to get the focus on the dinosaur's eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                  [ATTACH]9126[/ATTACH]
                  I should've considered the potential for innuendo, but did not. I don't have a pet dinosaur but I do have a pet who is a great walking and hiking companion:

Comment

• Just an iPhone shot from a mountain bike ride today. But I like the layers and color contrasts.

F@%# me, can’t get it right side up from my phone.Finally!

1IYaGdSlTSGtxHR1BpwBoQ_thumb_6691.jpg
                    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 10-08-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                      Just an iPhone shot from a mountain bike ride today. But I like the layers and color contrasts.

F@%# me, can’t get it right side up from my phone.
                      You're right: interesting layers. Did you take the shot while vaulting off your bike?

Comment

• A few from the local refuge. Getting there early helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                          Just an iPhone shot from a mountain bike ride today. But I like the layers and color contrasts.

F@%# me, can’t get it right side up from my phone.Finally!

[ATTACH]9130[/ATTACH]
                          I dearly miss those kinds of views ... great shot rut

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                            A few from the local refuge. Getting there early helps.

I love this picture and wanted to have it as my home page background - went to download it - and you have it copyrighted.

Drat.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              I love this picture and wanted to have it as my home page background - went to download it - and you have it copyrighted.

Drat.
                              I changed the settings, download away. Let me know when you've got it and I'll revert it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                                I changed the settings, download away. Let me know when you've got it and I'll revert it back.
                                Done and done... thanks.

I bet I'm the only person here who can tell where that photo was taken just by looking at it.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X