Smashing Pumpkins new album....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    At least Billy Corgin won't let Rubin nerf him.

Also, did you know what the "it" was?
    You mean that Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin ta Fuck Wit? You probably should have let em know...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

At least Billy Corgin won't let Rubin nerf him.
      Ah. Forgot this is delicate ground since you hated that Avett Bros album. I'm not a gigantic fan of everything RR's done. I didn't really dig that Weezer album w Beverly Hills (RR's doing) but I did like Blood Sugar Sex Magic and about every rap record he's done. I liked how Ogilala turned out -- we got the very first stripped-down Billy Corgan record in history as a result (BC is a notorious tinkerer).
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        I will be forever upset at you for not saying it. You should have said it. You owed it to the memory of the Ol' Dirty Bastard to say it.
        Originally posted by Commando View Post
        You mean that Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin ta Fuck Wit? You probably should have let em know...
        But, administrators they don't understand, how I could just...
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

KILLAMAAAAAAN!

Comment

Cant believe timsfriendwuap didn’t include Radiohead on his list. Shameful.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Nor the band that had 2 or the top 10 (if not top 5) albums of the decade. If Noel and Liam ever quit fighting with one another, they’re going after Professor Mac’s ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                Nor the band that had 2 or the top 10 (if not top 5) albums of the decade. If Noel and Liam ever quit fighting with one another, they’re going after Professor Mac’s ass.
                When I am king, you shall be first against the wall, with your opinions which are of no consequence at all

What's this?

Oasis? Those songs won't live forever.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

List the top 5 albums of the 90s. That's a lot of heavy lifting to get Oasis on that list.

Comment

I still can't get over somebody saying Weezer was the only good band of the 90s... makes reason stare.

Comment

List the top 5 albums of the 90s. That's a lot of heavy lifting to get Oasis on that list.
                      fuck you!!!
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Smashing Pumpkins new album....

The Gallagher’s might be in my own top 5. But hey was hyperbole. They should be in everyone top 10 though.

I'm not a hip-hop connoisseur so, there are likely several rap albums that I can't think of. I would imagine The Chronic would be in most people's top 10.

off the top of my head - in no particular order:
                        Ok Computer and/or The Bends. Personally I prefer TB
                        Nevermind - though In Uteuro could be substituted. I wasn't a big enough Cobain fan to put both in top 10
                        Ten
                        Definitely Maybe and (What's The Story) Morning Glory. So good when they came out and so re-listenable for decades to come
                        Dookie
                        Something by Beck. Honestly can't think of any of his album names
                        Siamese Dream
                        Last edited by Art Vandelay; 02-01-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          I'm not a hip-hop connoisseur so, there are likely several rap albums that I can't think of. I would imagine The Chronic would be in most people's top 10.

off the top of my head - in no particular order:
                          Ok Computer and/or The Bends. Personally I prefer TB
                          Nevermind - though In Uteuro could be substituted. I wasn't a big enough Cobain fan to put both in top 10
                          Ten
                          Definitely Maybe and (What's The Story) Morning Glory. So good when they came out and so re-listenable for decades to come
                          Dookie
                          Something by Beck. Honestly can't think of any of his album names
                          Siamese Dream
                          Odelay. That is the Dust Brothers' masterpiece/companion piece to Paul's Boutique. I love that album a lot. Midnite Vultures is a classic in its own right, but kind of in its own space as kind of a concept album-- not really for mass consumption.

90s rap is probably its own thread, but right off the top I'd put Midnight Marauders, Enter the Wu Tang, the Chronic, Illmatic, and maybe Naughty by Nature's first album as the best 5 of the 90s.

Comment

Five Best Albums of the 1990's? Crap

This isn't in order

Rage Against the Machine, Rage Against the Machine
                            Nevermind, Nirvana
                            Unplugged, Alice in Chains
                            Siamese Dream, Smashing Pumpkins
                            40 ozs. to Freedom, Sublime

if we go to 10

Odelay, Beck
                            Nimrod, Green Day (better than Dookie, imho--however, "Longview" is most honest song every written about suburban angst, moreso than Ben Folds's "Rockin' the Suburbs")
                            Aquemini, Outkast
                            Pinkerton, Weezer
                            OK Computer, Radiohead

If we can add 1989 and 2000

Top 5 is now
                            Nevermind, Nirvana
                            Paul's Boutique, Beastie Boys
                            Stankonia, Outkast

Comment

Five Best Albums of the 1990's? Crap

This isn't in order

Nevermind, Nirvana
                              Unplugged, Alice in Chains
                              Siamese Dream, Smashing Pumpkins

if we go to 10

Odelay, Beck
                              Nimrod, Green Day (better than Dookie, imho--however, "Longview" is most honest song every written about suburban angst, moreso than Ben Folds's "Rockin' the Suburbs")
                              Aquemini, Outkast
                              Pinkerton, Weezer
                              OK Computer, Radiohead

If we can add 1989 and 2000

Top 5 is now
                              Nevermind, Nirvana
                              Paul's Boutique, Beastie Boys
                              Stankonia, Outkast
                              I'm going to throw Toad the Wet Sprocket's Fear, Gin Blossoms' New Miserable Experience, and Collective Soul's Collective Soul.

Comment

I'm not sure it is a top 10er, but I listed To August and Everything After non-stop on a CD player with crappy speakers for one semester at The Glenwood.

Comment

Working...
                                X