Smashing Pumpkins new album....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
    I mean can you blame the band members from wanting to sleep with Paz?
    Nope. And Black Francis doesn't seem to mind her at all, either.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
      D'Angelo - Brown Sugar
      DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
      De La Soul - Buhloone Mindstate
      Black Star
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
        D'Angelo - Brown Sugar
        DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
        De La Soul - Buhloone Mindstate
        Black Star
        Interesting. I don't disagree that all of those are good, but those are definitely unique picks for the best of the best.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Despite all their rage, Smashing Pumpkins' tour isn't selling well

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanliness, and cleanliness is godliness, and God is empty, just like thousands of seats for the upcoming Smashing Pumpkins reunion tour.
          Tour opens in Phoenix.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            lol. I got tix for Phoenix, Oakland, and the sold out L.A. show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Interesting. I don't disagree that all of those are good, but those are definitely unique picks for the best of the best.
              You know, I cannot believe that I missed this. remove De La Soul from the list and add Digable Planets - Blowout Comb. Yes, I think these are the best of the best.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I love Endtroducing and Brown Sugar definitely had its time dominating my CD player. I wouldn't have given Low End Theory a place there as even the best Tribe record, though. Midnight Marauders is so so solid from front to back and Low End Theory has 'Sky Pager' and one or two other skippers.

Comment

• Listening to this again. Not a top 10er, but a great album. So many great songs I almost never hear, other than the omnipresent Glycerine

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                    OH hell yes. You mean this?

Was there more than one movie? Btw, I want to shoot the breakdown groove that begins around the 6 minute mark directly into my veins.
                    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post

Listening to this again. Not a top 10er, but a great album. So many great songs I almost never hear, other than the omnipresent Glycerine
                    It's cool that you bumped this thread today. I was in here yesterday after DwightSchrute posted a Floyd link to something on facebook, and I wanted to listen to the exact song from Pompeii that USUC had mentioned above. I saw Bush in concert at the Omni in Atlanta in March of 1997. I couldn't hear because of all the little girls screaming, and I saw two guys get told to put their joints out, not by security, but by little girls' dads.

That album is pretty good. The long intro to "This Cloud" is probably my favorite.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I like Sixteen Stone. Bush in this thread reminds me of the little Billy Corgan/ guy from Bush beef that started b/c the guy from Bush said publicly that he didn't like Mellon Collie.

Coincidentally, this is what Billy looked like when guy from Bush thought he was a genius:

versus Billy from the Mellon Collie era when the guy from Bush thought Billy sucked...

Did the guy from Bush like Billy Corgan just because they looked alike? Maybe, maybe not!

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        I love Endtroducing and Brown Sugar definitely had its time dominating my CD player. I wouldn't have given Low End Theory a place there as even the best Tribe record, though. Midnight Marauders is so so solid from front to back and Low End Theory has 'Sky Pager' and one or two other skippers.
                        I got back and forth on Low End of Midnight Marauders being the better album. I often go back to Buggin' Out though as why I put Low End. I agree there is more consistency of Midnight Marauders, but nothing hits as hard as Phife's first verse on that song. I'm also pretty sure it is Tribe's best song.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                          I got back and forth on Low End of Midnight Marauders being the better album. I often go back to Buggin' Out though as why I put Low End. I agree there is more consistency of Midnight Marauders, but nothing hits as hard as Phife's first verse on that song. I'm also pretty sure it is Tribe's best song.
                          It's such a great song, I agree. I really sensed a giant leap forward in production and just the cohesiveness of Midnight Marauders as an album, though. Hard to believe that it and Enter the Wu Tang came out on the same day. That was such a great time for music.

I am still loving the new atcq album, too. I really wish they had kept it together and put out music between 98- 2017. What a stupid, pointless breakup.

Comment

• "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                            X