Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Yep I’m thinking in Happy Valley there would be a lot less (hilarious) fighting on Nextdoor.

We have some great recurring themes: kids shouldn’t drive golf carts around, fireworks are terrifying my dogs, a lady literally named Karen is tired of people driving on Stratford Ave which should be closed to all but local traffic.

People who live off Stratford Ave are replying saying they literally have to drive on it to get home and they get glared at and flipped the bird just for driving to and from their homes!

Some political posts are pretty good right now. A lady says everyone should obviously vote for Max Cheng for the Granite School board because he’s the only person of diversity. Wait, do Asians count?!

Our Nextdoor feed is almost always entertaining. People are insane!
    Jealous!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I’ve been following a thread about a pond at a closed/abandoned golf course. Even though the course was abandoned several years ago, only recently has the water to the pond been turned off. The water has been shut off and the pond is home to hundreds of turtles and fish. Hundreds! Crazy animal activists brainstorming ways to rescue the animals and/or transplant them (illegally, I’m almost 100% certain) to a nearby state park. High comedy.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Yep I’m thinking in Happy Valley there would be a lot less (hilarious) fighting on Nextdoor.

We have some great recurring themes: kids shouldn’t drive golf carts around, fireworks are terrifying my dogs, a lady literally named Karen is tired of people driving on Stratford Ave which should be closed to all but local traffic.

People who live off Stratford Ave are replying saying they literally have to drive on it to get home and they get glared at and flipped the bird just for driving to and from their homes!

Some political posts are pretty good right now. A lady says everyone should obviously vote for Max Cheng for the Granite School board because he’s the only person of diversity. Wait, do Asians count?!

Some HOA near us has a clause in their bylaws that prohibits fireworks. We live in the unincorporated part of Houston, so fireworks are legal (and I'm talking about the really big ones that shoot up high and blow up three different times being legal). I guess the HOA decided to not enforce that specific bylaw and some of the people are freaking out. High comedy.

But the best discussions were about masks...however it seems most people are now realizing that compliance is the best thing now so those discussion are more tame this weekend.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Would you like us to organize a car parade along Stratford Ave? Say 10-20 cars 2-3 times a month? I love helpin Karens fee validated.
          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Would you please stop misrepresenting everything I say?
            Good luck with that.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Spoke to some associates that work in the DD world and there have not been any reports of deaths in this population and the Developmental Centers where many reside here.

This is good news in comparison to what we have seen happen in the nursing homes. This was a major concern as they centers are essentially the same as a nursing home for people with developmental disabilities.

It also raises questions on why they have been safe and not as infected as other congregate settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Commando, Elon says you should get re-tested...

Are we still buying those cheap chinese tests?
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Commando, Elon says you should get re-tested...

Are we still buying those cheap chinese tests?
                  I'm waiting to hear Jeff Bezo's opinion on the matter before deciding.

Comment

• So apparently Spain isn't happy giving up its title as originator of the latest large pandemic and are trying to take credit for it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/h...rus-spain.html

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                      So apparently Spain isn't happy giving up its title as originator of the latest large pandemic and are trying to take credit for it.

They eat bats in Spain?
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So apparently Spain isn't happy giving up its title as originator of the latest large pandemic and are trying to take credit for it.

Even though the Spanish Flu didn't originate in Spain?
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          Even though the Spanish Flu didn't originate in Spain?
                          Exactly. They are just such glory hogs!

Comment

Exactly. They are just such glory hogs!
                            ¡Qué bastardos!
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• South Korea Caught in Endless Coronavirus Whack-a-Mole

South Korea long ago flattened its Covid-19 curve. But the staying power of the virus in the country, which has widespread testing and aggressive contact tracing, shows the difficulties with fully tamping down new infections, as governments remove public-health guardrails that had lowered the contagion risks.

“It’s like a whack-a-mole that won’t end until the vaccine comes out,” said Alex Greninger, an assistant director of the University of Washington’s virology division in Seattle.

The vulnerabilities of post-lockdown life have emerged elsewhere, too. China, where the virus first emerged, recently locked down large sections of Beijing in response to a new outbreak there. Germany and Portugal have also recently seen a rebound of new infections in their capital cities.

“Reopening does not mean waving a victory flag and going back to normal,” said Josip Car, a population health expert at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, who has done work with the World Health Organization. “A one-off lockdown may not be enough to stem the Covid-19 pandemic.”
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• That's a solid source. Good work. Interesting, too!
                                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                                X