Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    The vaccine requires 2 shots 4 weeks apart. When does one actually have immunity?
    In multi-dose vaccines, the extra dose(s) acts as a ‘boost’ of immunity gained from the first dose. It refines the immunity and makes it more effective towards the offending agent, so to speak. So the first dose will confer some immunity. It just won’t be as effective without that second dose.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...755d8226bbae98

Don Jr. tests positive for Covid. My prayers are with the virus.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• I’ve felt a lot of emotions about Covid (fatigue, doubt, anger, sadness, fright), but today I felt my first bit of panic. A member of my small group of great friends is in the hospital with Covid/pneumonia. He teaches high school and almost certainly picked it up at school.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I think a year from now a majority of us are going to look back at the last year in shame at our behaviors as a nation.

How awful a thought that your friend, grandma, grandpa could be the last one to die of Covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
            I think a year from now a majority of us are going to look back at the last year in shame at our behaviors as a nation.

How awful a thought that your friend, grandma, grandpa could be the last one to die of Covid.
            I don't have to wait a year. I've been looking back in shame at our behaviors as a nation for months.

Comment

• Question for the smart people in the room: why hasn't the FDA approved the vaccines for use yet? What is so difficult about analyzing the data? The UK has already authorized it. Are we waiting to see if people in the UK suffer side effects first?

Comment

• Because fewer people in the UK believe that Bill Gates is implanting a radio chip in their body with the vaccine.

I think they are taking their time to give the appearance of diligence in the face of accusations that the process has been rushed. I expect approval sometime this week.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  Because fewer people in the UK believe that Bill Gates is implanting a radio chip in their body with the vaccine.

I think they are taking their time to give the appearance of diligence in the face of accusations that the process has been rushed. I expect approval sometime this week.
                  Hey pharmaceutical scientists and bureaucrats, quit pretending you're social psychologists and just do what you are qualified to do. Get that shit approved and out there. I don't give a shit if billy bob thinks it contains HIV and won't take it, my elderly mom is willing and depressed because she is isolated and lonely.

The FDA, although necessary, needs a major overhaul.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                    Hey pharmaceutical scientists and bureaucrats, quit pretending you're social psychologists and just do what you are qualified to do. Get that shit approved and out there. I don't give a shit if billy bob thinks it contains HIV and won't take it, my elderly mom is willing and depressed because she is isolated and lonely.

Gotta agree with USUC here. People are dying. Approve the vaccine!

Comment

• Yeah no vax conspiracist is going to be convinced it's safe just because the FDA took 2 weeks instead of 2 days to look over the data.

Comment

Not saying I agree with the delay. Just my opinion on why it hasn't been approved yet
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Just got an email from the hospital estimating when we will get the first shipment of vaccines. If all goes well, it will come in two weeks. It’s the Pfizer one; they mentioned that logistics of keeping it -80 degrees and being able to reconstitute it within 6 hours as issues they still need to resolve. A call also went out for volunteers to administer it. But don’t even think that if you volunteer that you’ll be able to jump the queue and get it sooner! Which is a thing they needed to say.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Yeah. The FDA. That’s the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Rudy tests positive for Covid and is admitted to the hospital. A great opportunity for karma to redeem itself.
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...ne-design.html

Interesting

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
                                "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Working...
                                X