Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    I am not going to use a news outlet that is not even using the direct CSV data from the Ohio Site. It is more than likely using the current trends data which does not even match the daily data.

Keep in mind, I fully understand there are delays in reporting and I look at a 7-14 day of the data.

Additionally, this “Reported in the last 24 hours” is not accurate as the dates could be weeks if not months old. But the language he uses implies the “Last 24 hours”. This has been brought up in his weekly pressers but he has refused to change the language or provide full details of the actual date of the death.

It is a mix bag. Dewine is losing his GOP base but gaining lots of fans on the other spectrum. And it does not help that his only competitor (Larry Householder) is now up on federal charges. He is more entrenched and insulated without much counter arguments.

He is coming across pretty arrogant as of late and has a short fuse when some question him about his issues with data and reporting and his decisions to waste taxpayers money..

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por...-19/dashboards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Weird. When I go to that link it says page not found.

Here are couple of other websites with Ohio data that again show that the data you are citing is an undercount:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/ohio/

I suspect as you suggest the Ohio data you are accessing is an undercount due to delays in reporting and uploading.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      I have been masked up, too. But my feed on social media is packed with dummies who question the efficacy of masking, isolating, etc. When I go out there are so many people who clearly don't give a shit about others or about the country. Maybe it's just science they don't care about- I don't know. The numbers aren't 'shit.' AZ is a shit show right now, where the governor has provided a buffet style set of restrictions you can partake of if your conscience will let you. Meanwhile we're No 1 in covid and just kicking so much ass. Our testing is a joke, too. I took a nasal swab TWO WEEKS AGO so I could have an affirmation that I could safely get back to non-covid having quarantine life (yes my standards are low now). No result. Our president isn't treating this like an emergency at all... not utilizing our resources to take the affirmative steps we need to all do the annoying thing we need to do--- lockdown for about 4 weeks with a rigorous testing and contact tracing program. We've all been twiddling our thumbs for 4 months while Trump tries to massage the country along down the road to reelecting him without him actually having to lead, work, or solve anything. MY optimism is that we can have a change of the guard big time in November and get to work.
      I agree as I see the Az. Shitshow. Having been raised my entire life before mission in Az., I have lots of friends there and have been shocked how little concern they have for this. I have seen homemade Proms, Graduation parties in my friends backyard’s with 100’s of teenagers and families. I see them traveling all over the place even now to California, Oregon and other places. I just don’t get it..

No one wears masks and even run swim lessens from the backyard for families and seem to not take this seriously.

Here, I believe we have done all that we have been asked and our numbers show it, but Dewine has taken his decisions to another level without any clear exit strategy or positive message. His weekly messages are full of gloom and testimonials of those who lost family members or were close to dying. Consistent negativity even at this level I believe impacts many across the state. No hope is not a good thing.

He was asked Thursday if he had an exit strategy or when he plans to move in a different direction and his response was, when we have no more deaths. Well... That is an endless dark tunnel with no light or end.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Weird. When I go to that link it says page not found.

Here are couple of other websites with Ohio data that again show that the data you are citing is an undercount:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/ohio/

I suspect as you suggest the Ohio data you are accessing is an undercount due to delays in reporting and uploading.
        The link did not work or the CSV file did not open?

I am looking to create a graph from the data that goes back to the beginning that shows all deaths and hospital admissions. He used to track ICU daily be he removed that from the CSV file so I cannot track it..

Comment

• Good hell, America is so broken.

‘Disgraceful, plain and simple’: Couple wearing Nazi flag masks at Walmart filmed in viral clash

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I think our country literally guarantees them the right to wear those disgusting masks.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I think our country literally guarantees them the right to wear those disgusting masks.
              Yeah. She is from Germany. Her confusion on that point is understandable.

Walmart has the right to ban them from the store. Idiots.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Oldest daughter got word from her med school in Cali; next term is all online. Of course this decision happened after all the first year students signed leases for a year. They’re pretty upset about that. I would be.

Since there is no reason for her to be in CA for at least the next term, she’s moving back with us until December. Mixed bag, that. She’ll save money but it’s no fun for an adult to be back living with parents. And for us, that’s 2 older kids who are now under our roof until the COVID situation gets resolved. At least there will be two more people to fill in dinner and dog walking spots on the calendar!
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  Oldest daughter got word from her med school in Cali; next term is all online. Of course this decision happened after all the first year students signed leases for a year. They’re pretty upset about that. I would be.

Since there is no reason for her to be in CA for at least the next term, she’s moving back with us until December. Mixed bag, that. She’ll save money but it’s no fun for an adult to be back living with parents. And for us, that’s 2 older kids who are now under our roof until the COVID situation gets resolved. At least there will be two more people to fill in dinner and dog walking spots on the calendar!
                  Interesting article in The Atlantic about "hygiene theater."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...heater/614599/
                  "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                  -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• UEA is making some noise about delaying in-person openings and the president didn't rule out a strike. I try not to get too extreme in my views, but this really irritates me. Pretty much every other industry/business/profession has restarted and adapted. Time to get on with it and smarten up those kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Time to get on with it and smarten up those kids.
                      and, most importantly, to get the out of our houses
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        and, most importantly, to get the out of our houses
                        Damn straight. We can't take another semester of all this "Love at Home".
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            Ha, they've taken it down.

Here is djt responding concerning his retweeting this "doctor."

Yeah, I think we need more of these djt COVID briefings.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              UEA is making some noise about delaying in-person openings and the president didn't rule out a strike. I try not to get too extreme in my views, but this really irritates me. Pretty much every other industry/business/profession has restarted and adapted. Time to get on with it and smarten up those kids.

Locally the teachers fought the opening of the schools. The school board acquiesced and decided to delay the start a week and then the first quarter will be 100% online and then move to a hybrid 2 day a week if in class school. The school board told the teachers that they will be in their classrooms for the remote sessions during the first quarter and now they're pitching a fit again complaining about what they will do with their kids if they have to be in the classroom the first quarter. How about the same thing everyone else is doing? I'm with you. Essential workers have facing this for months now. If a grocery store clerk is essential, surely a teacher is.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                Locally the teachers fought the opening of the schools. The school board acquiesced and decided to delay the start a week and then the first quarter will be 100% online and then move to a hybrid 2 day a week if in class school. The school board told the teachers that they will be in their classrooms for the remote sessions during the first quarter and now they're pitching a fit again complaining about what they will do with their kids if they have to be in the classroom the first quarter. How about the same thing everyone else is doing? I'm with you. Essential workers have facing this for months now. If a grocery store clerk is essential, surely a teacher is.
                                Be glad you aren’t in SoCal right now.
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X