Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    I'm guessing there are some fairly extreme assumptions in that paper.
    The researchers reminded governments that these forecasts are based on current observed trends in China, South Korea, Britain and Italy but that much remains unknown about the virus.
    We all welcome the science that supports a different path for our perusal.
    Last edited by myboynoah; 03-17-2020, 08:53 PM.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Well, it seems og is questioning, if not arguing, that.
      Looked like a depth and length argument to me.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Whew.

This is not the end of the world, according to Christians who study the end of the world

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Thank you. I can tell you are sincere.
          I’m absolutely being sincere. The effects of shutting down the economic driver of an entire state are unimaginable at the macro and micro level.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            I’m absolutely being sincere. The effects of shutting down the economic driver of an entire state are unimaginable at the macro and micro level.
            I said thank you. Sheesh.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Mitt Romney suggesting that we pay each American $1000/mo during the shutdown. Not a bad idea.
              If $1,000/mo is not a bad idea then $2,000/mo is a better idea!

#FeelTheBernMittHappens2020!
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                If $1,000/mo is not a bad idea then $2,000/mo is a better idea!

#FeelTheBernMittHappens2020!
                Trump said he wanted to send out checks for more than $1000 as well!

#FeelTheBernTrump'sanIdiot2020!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  As is FOX News (in most cases). But it's still FOX News.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                    Christakis's twitter thread responds with his reasons for not accepting the conclusions of the article. Critique quoted here.
                    The elephant attacked by a cat is a much better metaphor, but so is the idea of a wave ... you can't side step a wave no matter how much data you have.

Comment

Well, Nevada just got f*cked. Governor closes all non-essential businesses for 30 days. He is shutting down every single gaming device by midnight tonight. All gyms, bars, restaurants (except take-out/drive through) movie theaters. EVER-Y-THING.

Governor got pissy when people tried to clarify what businesses should close, etc. He actually said "KEVIN DURRANT, one of the fittest people in the world, just tested positive for corona. We need to take this SERIOUSLY people!"
                      What's happening in Vegas isn't staying in Vegas.
                      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Social distance will kill Uber, taxis.....

Invest in funeral homes and bicycles.
                        We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

I'm still puzzled why nobody is noting that temperatures in China are in the 70s and the Southern Hemisphere isn't hit hard. Is this turning out to be a rich countries' pandemic? I saw something that said this virus appears to be concentrated in a band between 30-50 degrees north latitude, meaning that like the common cold and flu, it prefers cold weather. Here in Seattle, we're sometimes into the 50s during daylight hours. For now, I'm grateful for climate change.
                          I have been keeping an eye of Hawaii, what with all my relatives there. They are at 7 despite having one of the earliest infecteds there. I keep telling my sisters that their best defense is the heat and humidity.

Comment

• Good news!

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/3/...-utah-pandemic

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              What the hell is wrong with the FDA? Let this company release their test and write all over it that it is for "instructional purposes only." The risk that I see is that someone tests false positive- then with this preliminary test as proof, let them get the real FDA-approved test. If someone tests false-negative, that would be a problem but not more of a problem than we have now- with no testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                                What the hell is wrong with the FDA? Let this company release their test and write all over it that it is for "instructional purposes only." The risk that I see is that someone tests false positive- then with this preliminary test as proof, let them get the real FDA-approved test. If someone tests false-negative, that would be a problem but not more of a problem than we have now- with no testing.
                                I don't think I've ever seen you cuss before. Wow!
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X