Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    By wearing masks and staying home to eat, NO ONE will die? I guess there really is only one moral choice then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      By wearing masks and staying home to eat, NO ONE will die? I guess there really is only one moral choice then.
      dont think youre ready this right--the point is not that one shouldnt buy a toaster oven, but that one shouldnt be a total piece of shit by not engaging in the costless activity of wearing a mask while doing so.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Utah went all-in on an unproven Covid-19 treatment, then scrambled to course-correct

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/18/...ourse-correct/
        I feel like that article was a bit overstated. The state placed an $800K order for a drug that was perceived to have some benefit and was at risk of being in scarce demand. Upon receiving more information the state cancelled the order and got the money back.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          dont think youre ready this right--the point is not that one shouldnt buy a toaster oven, but that one shouldnt be a total piece of shit by not engaging in the costless activity of wearing a mask while doing so.
          LOL. Missed that.

Still it said no one!

Edit: I wear a mask at the store in Utah.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            I feel like that article was a bit overstated. The state placed an $800K order for a drug that was perceived to have some benefit and was at risk of being in scarce demand. Upon receiving more information the state cancelled the order and got the money back.
            Well, it did highlight the fact that one of the people hyping HCQ to the state government stood to benefit financially from the order. That in and of itself is newsworthy.

Other than that, yeah I think the government moved quickly when it saw the dept. of health officials had overstepped with their recommendations.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              LOL. Missed that.

Still it said no one!

Edit: I wear a mask at the store in Utah.
              maybe i live in a neighborhood with a low dipshit quotient, but i'd say 85% of people are wearing masks. harmons seems to have this figured out better than anyone else, as well.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Well, it did highlight the fact that one of the people hyping HCQ to the state government stood to benefit financially from the order. That in and of itself is newsworthy.
                I was also shocked that the CEO of the company that sold HCQ to the state both promoted the drug to the state and benefitted financially from the transaction. Very newsworthy.

Comment

I was also shocked that the CEO of the company that sold HCQ to the state both promoted the drug to the state and benefitted financially from the transaction. Very newsworthy.
                  Who could have seen that coming?
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Shocked, as in , or shocked as in ?

The CEO could have both good public health interests and looking at potential income simultaneously. But with hindsight this should have been better vetted with the department of health. And the commuter school's med school.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      Who could have seen that coming?
                      Northwestcoug needs to get to the bottom of this. He should start by looking around at all the tchotchke pharma promo products littering his office and call everyone who gave them to him to figure out whether it was really just a nice friendship gift like they said or if they're actually financially benefitting when he prescribes their drugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        But with hindsight this should have been better vetted with the department of health. And the commuter school's med school.
                        I largely agree, but I don't think hindsight will be terribly helpful when it comes to purchasing decisions made in this pandemic. It was obviously a bad decision unless it was discovered that HCQ really did work and there were global shortages and other stuff that can't be foreseen in a pandemic. Then it would have been a good decision. That it was remedied speaks well of all parties involved.

Comment

I largely agree, but I don't think hindsight will be terribly helpful when it comes to purchasing decisions made in this pandemic. It was obviously a bad decision unless it was discovered that HCQ really did work and there were global shortages and other stuff that can't be foreseen in a pandemic. Then it would have been a good decision. That it was remedied speaks well of all parties involved.
                          I have no issue with the $800K commitment in mid-March. I do have problems with Adams trying push millions more through the legislature in mid-April when it was becoming clear that the drug was not the answer.

Comment

Northwestcoug needs to get to the bottom of this. He should start by looking around at all the tchotchke pharma promo products littering his office and call everyone who gave them to him to figure out whether it was really just a nice friendship gift like they said or if they're actually financially benefitting when he prescribes their drugs.
                            LOL. If pharma reps are spending any money on pathologists, they should be fired. Even if we could be bought (which we can't ), their ROI would be ridiculously low.

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            Agree. It was resolved pretty well.
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Agreed.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Agreed.
                                Enough of that! There's not enough contention on this interweb.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X