View Poll Results: At what point did/will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • From the Social Media rumors at the very beginning

3 6.52%
  • When CCP abruptly stopped arresting journalists, and announced 3 hospitals in 1 week

5 10.87%
  • When I tried to buy masks online from Amazon, Home Depot & Lowes, only to find everywhere sold out

1 2.17%
  • When WHO declared a global emergency

6 13.04%
  • When the US closed its borders to non-americans

3 6.52%
  • When the lethality passed SARS

0 0%
  • When they cancel Church in my area

3 6.52%
  • I'm still not going to panic

25 54.35%
Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 4178

Thread: At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Yep I’m thinking in Happy Valley there would be a lot less (hilarious) fighting on Nextdoor.

We have some great recurring themes: kids shouldn’t drive golf carts around, fireworks are terrifying my dogs, a lady literally named Karen is tired of people driving on Stratford Ave which should be closed to all but local traffic.

People who live off Stratford Ave are replying saying they literally have to drive on it to get home and they get glared at and flipped the bird just for driving to and from their homes!

Some political posts are pretty good right now. A lady says everyone should obviously vote for Max Cheng for the Granite School board because he’s the only person of diversity. Wait, do Asians count?!

Our Nextdoor feed is almost always entertaining. People are insane!
    Jealous!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I’ve been following a thread about a pond at a closed/abandoned golf course. Even though the course was abandoned several years ago, only recently has the water to the pond been turned off. The water has been shut off and the pond is home to hundreds of turtles and fish. Hundreds! Crazy animal activists brainstorming ways to rescue the animals and/or transplant them (illegally, I’m almost 100% certain) to a nearby state park. High comedy.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Yep I’m thinking in Happy Valley there would be a lot less (hilarious) fighting on Nextdoor.

We have some great recurring themes: kids shouldn’t drive golf carts around, fireworks are terrifying my dogs, a lady literally named Karen is tired of people driving on Stratford Ave which should be closed to all but local traffic.

People who live off Stratford Ave are replying saying they literally have to drive on it to get home and they get glared at and flipped the bird just for driving to and from their homes!

Some political posts are pretty good right now. A lady says everyone should obviously vote for Max Cheng for the Granite School board because he’s the only person of diversity. Wait, do Asians count?!

Some HOA near us has a clause in their bylaws that prohibits fireworks. We live in the unincorporated part of Houston, so fireworks are legal (and I'm talking about the really big ones that shoot up high and blow up three different times being legal). I guess the HOA decided to not enforce that specific bylaw and some of the people are freaking out. High comedy.

But the best discussions were about masks...however it seems most people are now realizing that compliance is the best thing now so those discussion are more tame this weekend.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Would you like us to organize a car parade along Stratford Ave? Say 10-20 cars 2-3 times a month? I love helpin Karens fee validated.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Would you please stop misrepresenting everything I say?
    Good luck with that.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Spoke to some associates that work in the DD world and there have not been any reports of deaths in this population and the Developmental Centers where many reside here.

This is good news in comparison to what we have seen happen in the nursing homes. This was a major concern as they centers are essentially the same as a nursing home for people with developmental disabilities.

It also raises questions on why they have been safe and not as infected as other congregate settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commando, Elon says you should get re-tested...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

I'm waiting to hear Jeff Bezo's opinion on the matter before deciding.

So apparently Spain isn't happy giving up its title as originator of the latest large pandemic and are trying to take credit for it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/h...rus-spain.html

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    So apparently Spain isn't happy giving up its title as originator of the latest large pandemic and are trying to take credit for it.

They eat bats in Spain?
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Even though the Spanish Flu didn't originate in Spain?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Even though the Spanish Flu didn't originate in Spain?
    Exactly. They are just such glory hogs!

Exactly. They are just such glory hogs!
    ¡Qué bastardos!
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

South Korea Caught in Endless Coronavirus Whack-a-Mole

South Korea long ago flattened its Covid-19 curve. But the staying power of the virus in the country, which has widespread testing and aggressive contact tracing, shows the difficulties with fully tamping down new infections, as governments remove public-health guardrails that had lowered the contagion risks.

“It’s like a whack-a-mole that won’t end until the vaccine comes out,” said Alex Greninger, an assistant director of the University of Washington’s virology division in Seattle.

The vulnerabilities of post-lockdown life have emerged elsewhere, too. China, where the virus first emerged, recently locked down large sections of Beijing in response to a new outbreak there. Germany and Portugal have also recently seen a rebound of new infections in their capital cities.

“Reopening does not mean waving a victory flag and going back to normal,” said Josip Car, a population health expert at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, who has done work with the World Health Organization. “A one-off lockdown may not be enough to stem the Covid-19 pandemic.”

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

That's a solid source. Good work. Interesting, too!
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Hosea, now you're citing a comedian?

I think Texas will do a lot better than New York on deaths because among other reasons Texas won't be sending old sick people back to nursing facilities.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Hosea, now you're citing a comedian?

I think Texas will do a lot better than New York on deaths because among other reasons Texas won't be sending old sick people back to nursing facilities.
    Wait. Ken Jennings is a comedian?

Important safety tip... Don't unplug your relative's ventilator to plug in the A/C!

The unidentified patient, a 40-year-old man at Maharao Bhimsingh Hospital in Kota in northern India, was admitted into an ICU unit on June 13 as doctors believed he had contracted the bug, the Indian Express reports.

Two days later, the man was transferred to an isolation ward as a safety precaution since another ICU patient had tested positive for coronavirus, the newspaper reports. The man’s relatives then took an air conditioner to the hospital – as daytime temps reportedly topped out at 106 degrees — and allegedly unplugged the ventilator after not finding an open socket to cool down the room, according to the report.

Hospital staffers had deactivated air conditioners in the unit in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19, Vice News reports.
    https://www.24x7mag.com/medical-equi...r-conditioner/
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

HAHAHAH That's a relief! OMG is Elon Musk just a straight up fraud or is he just like.... an eccentric genius who is just really dumb in other areas?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    HAHAHAH That's a relief! OMG is Elon Musk just a straight up fraud or is he just like.... an eccentric genius who is just really dumb in other areas?
    Maybe he's referring to antibody testing, which has been a fiasco. But they're not using antibody tests for COVID detection.

He's really dumb.

Great, as if it wasn't contagious enough.

This coronavirus mutation has taken over the world. Scientists are trying to understand why.

“G” hasn’t just dominated the outbreak in Chicago — it has taken over the world. Now scientists are racing to figure out what it means.

At least four laboratory experiments suggest that the mutation makes the virus more infectious, although none of that work has been peer-reviewed. Another unpublished study led by scientists at Los Alamos National Laboratory asserts that patients with the G variant actually have more virus in their bodies, making them more likely to spread it to others.

The mutation doesn’t appear to make people sicker, but a growing number of scientists worry that it has made the virus more contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Wait. Ken Jennings is a comedian?
    Oh. He's a freakishly good game show contestant. I'd never heard of him. Sorry Noah!

--Jonathan Swift

Ken Jennings wrote a book called Planet Funny, so he might be a comedian.

--Jonathan Swift

Went to Home Depot in Riverton, UT this afternoon for a "curbside pickup". It took about 15 minutes for the order to come out. Masks are required at all retail establishments in Salt Lake County so I observed the people going in and out while waiting for the order to come. My unscientific observation was that 85% of people were masked up. A few people walking out of the store already had their mask off and in their hands but I only saw a small number folks that displayed zero evidence of a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Went to Home Depot in Riverton, UT this afternoon for a "curbside pickup". It took about 15 minutes for the order to come out. Masks are required at all retail establishments in Salt Lake County so I observed the people going in and out while waiting for the order to come. My unscientific observation was that 85% of people were masked up. A few people walking out of the store already had their mask off and in their hands but I only saw a small number folks that displayed zero evidence of a mask.
    I hope you tsktsked under your breath and gave them the stink eye.

That's one of my go tos.

I flew last week, and I felt sick upon my return. Got tested today, and it came back negative, which is a relief.

My elderly parents (including my stepdad who smokes) had dinner three times last week with neighbors who tested positive with symptoms. Now, I'll start to panic a bit.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

1268 new cases in Bexar County today. The previous high was a few days ago at 795.

Uggh.