Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stories from the front lines are hard to read, but too important not to. Click to read through...

Comment

• Things aren't getting better in New York any time soon.

IMG_20200402_224724.jpg
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        Utah is killing it. Testing a ton, low death rate, hospitals on good shape (for now). First death was 10 days ago. Since that day there have been 6 deaths. 7 deaths in 10 days and no substantial increase day to day.

Now the explosion may be coming, but we’ve held it off pretty well to this point and with the high testing rate, they are doing things right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I don't think the explosion is coming unless the returning missionaries cause one. We'll know in another week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          Things aren't getting better in New York any time soon.

[ATTACH]10117[/ATTACH]
          Public transit should have been closed a while ago.

Comment

• I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but has anyone else wondered if maybe this outbreak was intentionally started as a form of biological warfare? I realize it's unlikely, but some of the numbers from other parts of the world seem pretty suspicious. China's number of cases and deaths drop to near zero overnight? Russia has only had 30 deaths total? This is probably a function of dishonest reporting, but it all seems a little fishy. I wouldn't put it past the Chinese government to sacrifices the life of 3,000 of its citizens to instigate this thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
              I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but has anyone else wondered if maybe this outbreak was intentionally started as a form of biological warfare? I realize it's unlikely, but some of the numbers from other parts of the world seem pretty suspicious. China's number of cases and deaths drop to near zero overnight? Russia has only had 30 deaths total? This is probably a function of dishonest reporting, but it all seems a little fishy. I wouldn't put it past the Chinese government to sacrifices the life of 3,000 of its citizens to instigate this thing.
              So they can destroy the world wide market for their manufactured goods? Not bloody likely.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                Public transit should have been closed a while ago.
                That's how people have to get to their jobs. Between me and around 25-30 friends and acquaintances, only one of us had a car when I lived there.

Empty school buses should be assisting in this. Keep the buses half empty or even 1/3 full to maintain distancing.

Some of these people don't have masks. That's nuts. No entry into the subway without a mask, a homemade one can also suffice. Given how close everyone is to each other, they should also be wearing goggles or even at least sunglasses. A half-measure is better than nothing at all.
                Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 04-02-2020, 11:04 PM.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                  I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but has anyone else wondered if maybe this outbreak was intentionally started as a form of biological warfare? I realize it's unlikely, but some of the numbers from other parts of the world seem pretty suspicious. China's number of cases and deaths drop to near zero overnight? Russia has only had 30 deaths total? This is probably a function of dishonest reporting, but it all seems a little fishy. I wouldn't put it past the Chinese government to sacrifices the life of 3,000 of its citizens to instigate this thing.
                  China's numbers are complete horseshit. There was an exponential increase that started flatlining within the matter of a few days? No way.

This started because of their nightmarish eating habits and even worse food safety standards. Then it broke out because Chernobyl-esque mid level Chi Coms initially denied it existed and then tried to conceal. Then when it got out of control, the national Chi Coms tried to minimize it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    So they can destroy the world wide market for their manufactured goods? Not bloody likely.
                    What if it was the Russians? They've been pretty quiet during all of this.

Comment

That's how people have to get to their jobs. Between me and around 25-30 friends and acquaintances, only one of us had a car when I lived there.

Empty school buses should be assisting in this. Keep the buses half empty or even 1/3 full to maintain distancing.

Some of these people don't have masks. That's nuts. No entry into the subway without a mask, a homemade one can also suffice. Given how close everyone is to each other, they should also be wearing goggles or even at least sunglasses. A half-measure is better than nothing at all.
                      Didn't they cut back on Subway service? That can't be helping things.

Comment

China's numbers are complete horseshit. There was an exponential increase that started flatlining within the matter of a few days? No way.

This started because of their nightmarish eating habits and even worse food safety standards. Then it broke out because Chernobyl-esque mid level Chi Coms initially denied it existed and then tried to conceal. Then when it got out of control, the national Chi Coms tried to minimize it.
                        Yeah, #ChinaIsAsshole...

Whistleblowing coronavirus doctor at Wuhan hospital mysteriously vanishes

A Chinese doctor who claimed her bosses tried to silence her early warnings about coronavirus appears to have disappeared — stirring fears that she was detained, according to new reports.

Ai Fen had pointed out cases of the illness to colleagues at Wuhan Central Hospital, eight of whom were reprimanded themselves, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported.

The whereabouts of Ai, who is head of the emergency department, are now unknown, 60 Minutes Australia reported Monday.

“Just two weeks ago the head of Emergency at Wuhan Central hospital went public, saying authorities had stopped her and her colleagues from warning the world,” the outlet tweeted. “She has now disappeared, her whereabouts unknown.”
                        [...]
                        https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/whistl...usly-vanishes/
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• CBSNews is fake...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Like a broken record.

Testing Is Our Way Out

Together, these two tests will give policy makers the data to make smarter decisions about who needs to be isolated and where resources need to be deployed. Instead of firing blindly, this data will let the country target its efforts.
                            So we know what to do. Who is going to do it? Utah seems poised to lead the way.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Daughter's MSU graduation cancelled today. We weren't surprised, but we wondered if that Montana freedom-loving attitude might have kept it on. That sucks.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                Daughter's MSU graduation cancelled today. We weren't surprised, but we wondered if that Montana freedom-loving attitude might have kept it on. That sucks.
                                Silver linings, graduations are stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X