Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio is still doing well after their first wave a couple of months ago. Averaging about 250 a day (2.5 million or so in the are). Really hope we don't hit another huge wave like everywhere else in the world

Is that too much to ask? My work is finally back to precovid numbers and going well. I very much fear for the second wave and lockdowns. Financially that sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      San Antonio is still doing well after their first wave a couple of months ago. Averaging about 250 a day (2.5 million or so in the are). Really hope we don't hit another huge wave like everywhere else in the world

Is that too much to ask? My work is finally back to precovid numbers and going well. I very much fear for the second wave and lockdowns. Financially that sucks
      I doubt Texas locks down again.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
        A million new cases in a week. Well done, America.
        Gee right about now Commando should be along to tell us about how the rest of the world is killing us. Did I say that right?
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          Gee right about now Commando should be along to tell us about how the rest of the world is killing us. Did I say that right?
          You mean the rest of the world that has so my many cases they are in a second lockdown?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            You mean the rest of the world that has so my many cases they are in a second lockdown?
            Did I catch a stutter, there?
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Pfizer has all data it needs for authorization and it turning that data over in the next couple days. A vaccine should be available before year end. While it won’t be widely available or a while, the timeline is incredible.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                I doubt Texas locks down again.
                El paso?

I guess I'm more afraid numbers will rise, and while there won't be a lockdown per se, my families I work with in their homes (pediatric physical therapist) won't allow me to come. Like what happened in April May. That sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  El paso?

I guess I'm more afraid numbers will rise, and while there won't be a lockdown per se, my families I work with in their homes (pediatric physical therapist) won't allow me to come. Like what happened in April May. That sucked.
                  My friend is a ME in Houston. He's genuinely worried about the El Paso area and is preparing for the worst.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• SU may need to weigh in on this.

Abandoning its loose approach to virus controls, Sweden clamps down. https://nyti.ms/32W18fu
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                      SU may need to weigh in on this.

Abandoning its loose approach to virus controls, Sweden clamps down. https://nyti.ms/32W18fu
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I'm sorry if this has been addressed above, but I don't keep a good track of this thread.

I was reading the story about the Utah Valley NICU nurse who got COVID from an extended family visit, and died 48 hours after her first symptoms. What is the difference between her case and those that have mild symptoms?
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                          SU may need to weigh in on this.

Since we'll be carpet bombing Covid with vaccines in a month, it makes sense to clamp down for a relatively short, finite timeframe while this spike is happening. Our governor said hang in there until December 10 and then the cavalry will arrive--the vaccine. The problem with the lockdowns in the Spring was no exit strategy. Swish!!
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            Since we'll be carpet bombing Covid with vaccines in a month, it makes sense to clamp down for a relatively short, finite timeframe while this spike is happening. Our governor said hang in there until December 10 and then the cavalry will arrive--the vaccine. The problem with the lockdowns in the Spring was no exit strategy. Swish!!
                            It should be noted that most realistic timelines project general availability of the vaccine spring 2021. You may be hunkering down in lockdown for months yet SU!
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              It should be noted that most realistic timelines project general availability of the vaccine spring 2021. You may be hunkering down in lockdown for months yet SU!
                              The vaccine requires 2 shots 4 weeks apart. When does one actually have immunity?

Comment

• At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                                I'm sorry if this has been addressed above, but I don't keep a good track of this thread.

I was reading the story about the Utah Valley NICU nurse who got COVID from an extended family visit, and died 48 hours after her first symptoms. What is the difference between her case and those that have mild symptoms?
                                I’m not sure we really fully understand yet, but I think the science is leaning towards a combination of a) viral load; b) individual comorbidities; and c) genetic predisposition.

I’d love to hear from JIC and/or ER on this.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X