Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NUTJOB WARNING!

He wore a KKK hood to the grocery store instead of a mask. Police say he won’t face charges.

In interviews with sheriff’s investigators, the man “expressed frustration with the coronavirus and having people tell him what he can and cannot do,” the sheriff’s office said in its statement.

“He said that wearing the hood was not intended to be a racial statement,” the sheriff’s office said. “In summary, he said, ‘It was a mask and it was stupid.’”
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Yeah, charges would have been equally stupid.

Comment

• #ChinaIsAsshole

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Yeah, we are screwed...

Time for another $3 trillion stimulus bill!

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The following is an example of Korea's emergency COVID warning. This is a machine-generated translation of an emergency message just received via my cellphone:

[Gimpo City Hall] Resident of Seohae Apartment in Pungmu-dong (20s, female), 5/13 tested positive, hospital transfer and disinfection completed, check the website for details, call center 031-5186-4051
            You could then go to the Gimpo City website or call the number and get a report of where the person had been the previous 48-72 hours so that you could gauge your possible exposure to COVID. So you know where an infected person lives and where they have been. You also know that these places have been disinfected, so they are now safe.

This is part of the reason Korea has been able to manage this crisis so well. It is all about being transparent and allowing people to manage their risk. Knowing this information allows Koreans to feel more confident about going to work, out to a store or other place of business, or even to travel inside Korea. They are still wary of traveling outside Korea.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              The following is an example of Korea's emergency COVID warning. This is a machine-generated translation of an emergency message just received via my cellphone:

You could then go to the Gimpo City website or call the number and get a report of where the person had been the previous 48-72 hours so that you could gauge your possible exposure to COVID. So you know where an infected person lives and where they have been. You also know that these places have been disinfected, so they are now safe.

This is part of the reason Korea has been able to manage this crisis so well. It is all about being transparent and allowing people to manage their risk. Knowing this information allows Koreans to feel more confident about going to work, out to a store or other place of business, or even to travel inside Korea. They are still wary of traveling outside Korea.
              Utah has done a pretty good job of contact tracing. But they go no where near this level due to privacy concerns. There were reports of two Utah county businesses that defied social distancing requirements and had outbreaks among employees. But Utah wouldn't name the businesses publicly.

Comment

• Of course Trump's favorite COVID-19 analyzer, the one that is testing all WH staff, still has major problems. It has a false negative rate of ~40%, when compared to a more robust test on an existing platform:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=lbQAzuXj
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• TIAA-CREF is offering voluntary buyouts to 75% of its 18,000 U.S. employees. I wonder if they are casting a wide net with a lower targeted reduction percentage or if they are actually looking to cut that much of their workforce.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Re: Trump publicly contradicting Fauci about opening schools:

I'm not sure how efficient children are at transmitting COVID-19 to others. But it is fascinating that Trump still doesn't understand basic epidemiology. Sure, bad outcomes are rare in kids. But where does he think all these kids go after school?
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      Re: Trump publicly contradicting Fauci about opening schools:

I'm not sure how efficient children are at transmitting COVID-19 to others. But it is fascinating that Trump still doesn't understand basic epidemiology. Sure, bad outcomes are rare in kids. But where does he think all these kids go after school?
                      I read that a large percentage of children and adolescents are not susceptible to COVID-19. The either are immune to it or it takes a large viral load to get it. And for those that do get it, the transmission rate is very low. The demographic numbers for COVID cases seem to agree.

Anecdotally, I have a good friend who had it. He tested positive and quarantined in his master bedroom. He has 4 kids under 9 in home with 1800 finished square feet. After a few days of quarantine his wife was symptomatic and subsequently tested positive. Both fully recovered. None of the 4 kids ever showed symptoms even though they certainly had prolonged exposure. The kids were never tested so we don't know whether or not they had it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        I read that a large percentage of children and adolescents are not susceptible to COVID-19. The either are immune to it or it takes a large viral load to get it. And for those that do get it, the transmission rate is very low. The demographic numbers for COVID cases seem to agree.

Anecdotally, I have a good friend who had it. He tested positive and quarantined in his master bedroom. He has 4 kids under 9 in home with 1800 finished square feet. After a few days of quarantine his wife was symptomatic and subsequently tested positive. Both fully recovered. None of the 4 kids ever showed symptoms even though they certainly had prolonged exposure. The kids were never tested so we don't know whether or not they had it.
                        All true, but not clear whether or not they transmit it to others, like their parents once they pick it up at school (per NW's point).

Trump has obviously gone all in on "gotta get the economy going no matter the cost."

Comment

And for those that do get it, the transmission rate is very low.

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          All true, but not clear whether or not they transmit it to others, like their parents once they pick it up at school (per NW's point).

Trump has obviously gone all in on "gotta get the economy going no matter the cost."
                          Not defending Trump in any way. He's an idiot and the perhaps the worst president we could have for this crisis.

Comment

Not defending Trump in any way. He's an idiot and the perhaps the worst president we could have for this crisis.
                            Biden would actually be a worse president for the kung fu crisis... For a guy that says he would like to take Drumpf out to the back of the gym he is afraid to come out of his basement. What a wuss. I guess he has a lot to hide from right now.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Biden would actually be a worse president for the kung fu crisis... For a guy that says he would like to take Drumpf out to the back of the gym he is afraid to come out of his basement. What a wuss. I guess he has a lot to hide from right now.
                              Uncle Infowars, stop pretending you don't have a mancrush on Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                Keep saying what you’ve got to say to justify your eventual vote for Trump Ted.
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X