2019-2020 College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019-2020 College Basketball Thread

This Dayton-St. Louis game has been a lot of fun to watch. Dayton wins the game on a last second OT 3. What a joy seeing both Dayton do well and a fat Rick school eat shit.

LOL. USU was up 18 @ Boyzee with under 4 minutes to go and Boyzee just won in OT by 5

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      LOL. USU was up 18 @ Boyzee with under 4 minutes to go and Boyzee just won in OT by 5
      Haha. Go horses! Much better than cows.
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Exciting ending to the KU vs KSU game.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          Exciting ending to the KU vs KSU game.

Looks dangerous! They need to cancel future meetings!

Comment

De Sousa has been suspended "indefinitely" but Kansas' coach gave himself an out:

I have suspended Silvio De Sousa indefinitely pending the final outcome of the review by (Kansas University) and the Big 12 Conference," coach Bill Self said in a statement. "As I said last night, we are disappointed in his actions, and there is no place in the game for that behavior."
            I'm sure this thug will get just a slap on the wrist after the review. He was "suspended" for all of last season and this season for proven recruiting violations involving cash transactions, and then of course reinstated after Kansas appealed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
              De Sousa has been suspended "indefinitely" but Kansas' coach gave himself an out:

I'm sure this thug will get just a slap on the wrist after the review. He was "suspended" for all of last season and this season for proven recruiting violations involving cash transactions, and then of course reinstated after Kansas appealed.
              So - as the jokes go regarding NCAA penalties to "blue blood" programs - does this mean Yoeli is going to be suspended for a few more games so the NCAA can show everyone how serious they are about these things?

Comment

Go Dayton Flyers! #3 in America!

:dayton:

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Go Dayton Flyers! #3 in America!

:dayton:
                  #3? ain't nobody toppin that!
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Looks like we can expect some serious madness this March:

Among current members of the Top 25, 11 of them — Dayton, San Diego State, Florida State, Creighton, BYU, Iowa, Penn State, Houston, Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan — entered this season unranked. Historically speaking, those teams tend to win fewer tourney games than we would expect based on where they were seeded — and not by a small amount, either.
                    With a KenPom adjusted efficiency margin of 30.8, Kansas could be one of the weakest statistical No. 1s going into an NCAA Tournament since 2002. But the Jayhawks are just the tip of the iceberg. At every slot among Pomeroy’s Top 25, the 2019-20 team occupying that rank rates lower than the pre-tournament average over the previous 18 seasons
                    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ourney-upsets/

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                      Looks like we can expect some serious madness this March:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ourney-upsets/
                      If I remember right, 2011 was a similar kind of year in terms of a lack of strong favorites in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        If I remember right, 2011 was a similar kind of year in terms of a lack of strong favorites in the tournament.
                        The best players drafted that year were Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson, Kyrie, and Kemba. Jimmer was POY. Kemba carried his team to the title. I think the crop of top players in CBB is worse this year. Obi Toppin is the best player and Dayton will be a tough out. Projected top picks Anthony Edwards, LiAngelo Ball, James Wiseman won't be in the tournament. Kansas has the deepest team and is probably the favorite. But if someone takes them down, its wide open.

Comment

I am selfishly hoping for a 6 seed in Albany so I can couple the games with a business trip and save some money. I should be cheering for a lower seed or more western venue for the good of the team.

I suppose I could cheer for the 3 seed in Albany

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

In the last year Dayton has had to deal with water quality issues, a tornado and mass shooting. Then 2019-2020 Flyers provide the city a once-in-a-lifetime season.

Go-Flyers-Go-America-01010753801-grey-flat_grande.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              In the last year Dayton has had to deal with water quality issues, a tornado and mass shooting. Then 2019-2020 Flyers provide the city a once-in-a-lifetime season.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10038[/ATTACH]
                              You were the glue that held that place together. You should have never left them.
                              It’s crazy how solid their bball program has been.

Comment

Working...
                              X