Federal Fairness for All Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Fairness for All Act

There's a regional fireside tonight about this act. I have no idea what they'll be telling the kids or why it's the topic. I actually didn't know anything about the act itself until my wife was telling me about the fireside 30 minutes ago. My kids don't want to go because they think it sounds boring and because it's out in Nampa or somewhere.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...1/text?r=1&s=1

What are everybody's thoughts on this? Looks like the left doesn't like it and much of the right doesn't like it.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    There's a regional fireside tonight about this act. I have no idea what they'll be telling the kids or why it's the topic. I actually didn't know anything about the act itself until my wife was telling me about the fireside 30 minutes ago. My kids don't want to go because they think it sounds boring and because it's out in Nampa or somewhere.

What are everybody's thoughts on this? Looks like the left doesn't like it and much of the right doesn't like it.
    I accompanied my 11-year-old daughter to her first bishop's interview yesterday. He invited her to attend the fireside. It sounded pretty boring to me, can't imagine how bored she would have been had she gone.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      I accompanied my 11-year-old daughter to her first bishop's interview yesterday. He invited her to attend the fireside. It sounded pretty boring to me, can't imagine how bored she would have been had she gone.
      looks like compromise type legislation that would appeal to the center. But with most of the left and the evangelical right both opposing it, it would seem it's got very little chance of passing right now.

Comment

Any of your kids go to the fireside?
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Any of your kids go to the fireside?
          Nope.
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Nope.
            Well, great. Now it will never pass.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Looks like it's modelled on the Utah state legislation which wasn't bad, but it will probably get resistance from partisans on both sides.

Comment

Working...
              X