Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The official triathlon thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    He's on #22 today in Atlanta. Unreal that he can keep going like this.

It does look like he "ran" a marathon on an eliptical the day after his nasty crash. His hip was apparently hurting too bad to run on it. Not sure I'd count that as running...but I guess it would count in DDD's book.
    Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    He's on #22 today in Atlanta. Unreal that he can keep going like this.

It does look like he "ran" a marathon on an eliptical the day after his nasty crash. His hip was apparently hurting too bad to run on it. Not sure I'd count that as running...but I guess it would count in DDD's book.
    So after 21 days and 21 Ironmans, he only swam 2.4 miles, biked 112 miles and did a few hours on an elliptical for the 22nd day? Pussy.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    So after 21 days and 21 Ironmans, he only swam 2.4 miles, biked 112 miles and did a few hours on an elliptical for the 22nd day? Pussy.
    I know you get this, but there are a few asterisks on his record at this point. Riding a trainer is not the same as riding a bike, and running a treadmill--and even more so, an elliptical--isn't close to the same. Treadmills are notoriously poorly calibrated, and even when not, the workload is less and the recovery is far easier. I don't think it's a coincidence that his next few IM's were much quicker.
    And then, I'm seeing pics of him riding a trainer with an IV hooked to him. Hmm.

It's not that it's easy, but it's not exactly 50 IM's in 50 days.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10