No announcement yet.

Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When your husband thinks you are rad because you’ve generously sent him off to golf Wasatch for 7 hours, while you stay home and start the family project of painting the house interior by yourself. But you are really calculating that you can roll all the walls in short order, and then participate in the monthly bug off for Animal Crossing, leaving all the trim work for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      When your husband thinks you are rad because you’ve generously sent him off to golf Wasatch for 7 hours, while you stay home and start the family project of painting the house interior by yourself. But you are really calculating that you can roll all the walls in short order, and then participate in the monthly bug off for Animal Crossing, leaving all the trim work for him.
      That's a good trade-off. My wife always screws up the trim work.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

General contractors that install MDF baseboards in bathrooms should be drawn and quartered.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          General contractors that install MDF baseboards in bathrooms should be drawn and quartered.
          just seal it you narc
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Pretend you have a teenager. Go to the bathroom where your would-be teenager will shower and pour a gallon of water on the floor, every day, for 2-4 years. Return and report.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              Pretend you have a teenager. Go to the bathroom where your would-be teenager will shower and pour a gallon of water on the floor, every day, for 2-4 years. Return and report.
              yeah pine trim isn't doing any better in that scenario. enjoy pvc?
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Does anyone have any recommendations for a garage door repair company near Draper. One of the cables broke and the door is completely off track. Hopefully I won't have to replace it.
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                  Does anyone have any recommendations for a garage door repair company near Draper. One of the cables broke and the door is completely off track. Hopefully I won't have to replace it.
                  These guys are fantastic. Everyone i have referred to them has been thrilled.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

thanks
                    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

So the kids overflowed the toilet upstairs and it leaked through. I'm being told that getting some killz paint and repainting it would fix it. I'm not sure. Should I replace the drywall?
                      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

I'm no expert, but I think you need to dry it out. Maybe open it up and let it dry out, then patch and paint. Drywall repair isn't that much.

Comment

as long as it is all dried out and the drywall isn't breaking down it should be fine as it is. I would start by painting as it looks to be just cosmetic at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                            So the kids overflowed the toilet upstairs and it leaked through. I'm being told that getting some killz paint and repainting it would fix it. I'm not sure. Should I replace the drywall?
                            Are those holes in the drwall? Or exposed screws? If there are holes, the damage might be worse than it looks.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

Are those holes in the drwall? Or exposed screws? If there are holes, the damage might be worse than it looks.
                              we were told to poke holes to let the water out
                              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                as long as it is all dried out and the drywall isn't breaking down it should be fine as it is. I would start by painting as it looks to be just cosmetic at this point
                                x2

"What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X