Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Seattle Seahawks thread

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Rangers drafted Wilson in the Rule 5. ha.
    Best tweet I saw said:

"Now we know why Texas acquired a Left tackle this off season in Prince Fielder"
    *Banned*

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Today Russell Wilson won his 23d game as a starter. He broke the record of 22 wins during the first two seasons set by Peyton Manning. He also threw his 50th TD pass of his career. Only Peyton Manning and Dan Marino threw 50 TD passes their first two seasons.

Eli Manning threw 5 INTs today.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Seattle Ute's a sports fan?

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    No, but he did figure out Google recently.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    He's a fan of the local teams. Dawgs, Hawks and M's. Can't blame him for that!
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

lol. I wonder if we did a google search how far back we would have to go to get the first reference to being a fan of the "hawks" from any of our Seattle based posters.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    lol. I wonder if we did a google search how far back we would have to go to get the first reference to being a fan of the "hawks" from any of our Seattle based posters.
    I get the pass.

Been repping their gear and the team since November 93.

I have a Save Our Seahawks sticker on my Union issued toolbox from when I was building airplanes for a Boeing subsidiary.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    I get the pass.

I have a Save Our Seahawks sticker on my Union issued toolbox from when I was building airplanes for a Boeing subsidiary.
    I know you have. You are legit.

No other passes will be issued today, however.

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    I get the pass.

I have you beat by 13 years. They were 4-12 the first year that I cheered for them.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    I have you beat by 13 years. They were 4-12 the first year that I cheered for them.
    JiC is a Hawks fan? Nice!

We need to start calling them the Red Hawx

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    We need to start calling them the Red Hawx
    I don't mind folks jumping on the bandwagon. It means the Hawks are winning, and I have endured plenty of losing. When they eventually leave, I will still be there to turn out the lights.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

JiC is a Hawks fan? Nice!

-Rick Majerus

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Today Russell Wilson won his 23d game as a starter. He broke the record of 22 wins during the first two seasons set by Peyton Manning. He also threw his 50th TD pass of his career. Only Peyton Manning and Dan Marino threw 50 TD passes their first two seasons.
    He'd have had another but for an untimely penalty that called back the one in the 2nd quarter to Tate.

Only Tampa Bay has been penalized more than the Hawks so far this year, and TB ain't going to the playoffs. I saw somewhere that roughly a third of those penalties (season long) have been pre-snap infractions. That's a problem.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Y'all hear that? We're using code names. --Evelle Snoats

I see more Seahawk gear in California this year than I ever have.

The Seahags are the new trendy thing these days.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Alaska Airlines has announced a promotion in which passengers boarding flights on its planes flying out of Seattle will receive priority seating if they’re wearing Russell Wilson jerseys. Company spokesperson Bobbie Egan told Seattle’s King5 News that the promotion is good for the duration of the Seahawks’ season, however long that goes.
    http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/18/russell...arly-boarding/

Sweet.

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Good grief. I'm not wearing any Russell Wilson jersey. Will this trump my Gold card status?
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Good grief. I'm not wearing any Russell Wilson jersey. Will this trump my Gold card status?
    Quit being a pussy and throw on your Dangeruss jersey for a flight!

When you get tired of reading about the latest chapter in the SSM saga (which for me took all of 2 minutes... s, jbh!), take 15 minutes to read this wonderfully entertaining column posted on Grantland yesterday:

<http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-simbeau-lives>

[...]

Q: The Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene action figure two pack is 'on sale' for $20 at Toys R Us (a whole $3 off regular price). Should I feel worse for the central warehouse manager at Toys R Us who has run out of space at the warehouse because the Sanchez/Greene toy crates are definitely not going anywhere, or should I pity the young Jets fans who will be getting this gift from their well-intentioned grandmas? Note to Toys R Us — repack the Sanchez figures in two packs with an o-lineman figure as a recreation of the butt fumble and it will sell out faster than Steve Sarkisian.
    —Scott, Redmond, VA

SG: Sadly, they DID sell out of that item. You can't find it on their website anymore. Thank god for eBay! That's a solid joke Christmas gift, which got me thinking — couldn't the NFL corner the joke Christmas gift market? Wouldn't a Sanchez Butt Fumble action figure sell like hotcakes? Who wouldn't want to collect the entire set of Jim Caldwell All-Stars? What about a talking Dan Dierdorf triple-negative broadcasting doll? Or a fake courtroom set replete with attorneys, a hearing judge and multiple members of the Seahawks defense appealing a failed drug test? (Sorry, I had to.)

Lots of other great digs at the Seahawks in there, like calling out Marshawn Lynch for that awkward commercial campaign for Beacon Plumbing. lol.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Y'all hear that? We're using code names. --Evelle Snoats

Simmons' personal product sucks. He mails it in pretty much every time he "writes" a column. He hasn't been the same since the Pats won their second super bowl.

Grantland, however, is a great website in spite of him.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Playing like shit today

Well shit

That looked like a bad call. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase.

What an unlucky bounce

What an unlucky bounce
    Seriously, that was not a good call. I guess I get the "not indisputable evidence" claim, but a ball isn't going to just bounce like that for no reason.

Seattle just has to win next week and they'll be fine. As a Niners fan, I'm hoping SF wins out and Seattle loses next week, because then SF wins the decision.

Shitty loss, but worse offense today. Oline didn't get the job done.

-Rick Majerus

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Simmons' personal product sucks. He mails it in pretty much every time he "writes" a column. He hasn't been the same since the Pats won their second super bowl.

Grantland, however, is a great website in spite of him.
    Yep I agree.

Simmons has really made some consistently bad NFL picks this year -- looks like he's picked just 43% of games right against the spread.

Pretty tough to finish outside of the 45%-55% window over an entire season.

I can't figure the Cardinals out at all this year.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    I can't figure the Cardinals out at all this year.
    10-5 what are you trying to figure out? They are a good team.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    *Banned*