The OFFICIAL Seattle Seahawks thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I'd like to give him credit in the form of a HC job offer in Provo.
    As would I.

He has to be one of the hottest names in the sport right now. Pete has advised him to be very selective on his first head coaching gig. He told him to avoid perennial doormats for his first gig. The Browns called, Bevill said no thanks.

He also told him to not jump back in to college unless it was his dream job (Wisconsin which he interviewed for) until he had success in the NFL, otherwise it is nearly impossible to get back.

Pete is very protective of Bevill and always reminds me of how he was ran out of New England after two playoff appearances and an 8-8 season because Belichick became available. In hindsight NE made a good choice and it worked out for Pete, but he has not forgiven them for treating him that way.
    *Banned*

Comment

• Uncle Pete is amazing. Dude was still tweeting from parties last night at like 2am (where apparently Paul Allen's band was the warm up act for Macklemore...lol) and was encouraging the players to stay out all night. Definitely the youngest 62 year-old I've ever seen. He and Russ have instilled a confidence in the entire city that is amazing to watch. I don't know how many of you have ever lived in a city during this type of run, but it is an absolutely incredible thing. The wave of support that ripped through this town just became an unstoppable force. The closest thing I've ever been to something like this was with the Jazz in the 90s, but realistically that was not even in the ballpark of what was going on in Seattle the last few weeks. I mean, twenty-five thousand people at the Hawks sendoff for the SB....unreal. The parade on Wednesday is going to be bananas.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Is he LDS? As a rule I don't give any of those credit for anything.
        Yes, and he's an RM, just like you!

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Jermaine Keirst? Who is that? Russell Wilson was a third round pick not a 5th round.

Every NFL team has late round picks contribute, when you have a 53 man roster, chances are you don't have 53 first round picks.

Lynch was traded for a 4th round pick, Seattle definitely got the better end of the deal but a 4th rounder is not a give away. Clearly Pete is still not sold as he has drafted running backs in 3 straight drafts. Including spending a 4th round pick on Turbin and a 2nd rounder on Christine Michael.
          Give me a break. I'm on an airplane.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            You realize he's not the GM, right? Like most great coaches, Pete is an average coach when he has an average to poor QB, and a good to great coach when he has a good QB.
            He has a functional role pretty close to that of GM as he's the GM's boss and the final calls are his. Think if KOC was both in the role he has now and was the Jazz head coach at the same time. That's Pete.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              As would I.

He has to be one of the hottest names in the sport right now. Pete has advised him to be very selective on his first head coaching gig. He told him to avoid perennial doormats for his first gig. The Browns called, Bevill said no thanks.

He also told him to not jump back in to college unless it was his dream job (Wisconsin which he interviewed for) until he had success in the NFL, otherwise it is nearly impossible to get back.

Pete is very protective of Bevill and always reminds me of how he was ran out of New England after two playoff appearances and an 8-8 season because Belichick became available. In hindsight NE made a good choice and it worked out for Pete, but he has not forgiven them for treating him that way.
              They chose Anderson over Bevell? Wow, that's kind of surprising.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                I didn't read the article you linked, but I agree with this. Manning has proved he he can win the big one, I'm not sure what winning another really does for his legacy.

Pete's legacy is now cemented, where there was room for doubt prior to the Super Bowl win.
                After one of the worst Superbowl losses of all time, the universal consensus was that Manning is still the best QB in the game today and clearly one of the best QBs and players of all-time.

If you can still garner that kind of unanimity on the heels of a beat down on the biggest stage of all professional sports, I'd say your legacy is pretty secure.

Winning a second Superbowl would be an interesting coda for Manning, not much else.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Give me a break. I'm on an airplane.
                  you cant help but be bougie, can you?

sigpic

Comment

• Did anyone hear Steve Young last night say "Pete Carrol teaches correct principles and lets them govern themselves."?

I've been looking for a clip but can't find one.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      Did anyone hear Steve Young last night say "Pete Carrol teaches correct principles and lets them govern themselves."?

I did!

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1067602

I thought it was very brave of a closeted gay man like Steve young to even bring up religion on TV.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        Did anyone hear Steve Young last night say "Pete Carrol teaches correct principles and lets them govern themselves."?

A friend posted the clip on FB. I just shared it with you.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Pete sez:

“This game was very similar to the Oklahoma game. This game was similar to the multiple Rose Bowl championship games. It was just like those games.”
                          Broncos fans take hope. Looks like last night's loss may be vacated.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            Uncle Pete is amazing. Dude was still tweeting from parties last night at like 2am (where apparently Paul Allen's band was the warm up act for Macklemore...lol) and was encouraging the players to stay out all night. Definitely the youngest 62 year-old I've ever seen. He and Russ have instilled a confidence in the entire city that is amazing to watch. I don't know how many of you have ever lived in a city during this type of run, but it is an absolutely incredible thing. The wave of support that ripped through this town just became an unstoppable force. The closest thing I've ever been to something like this was with the Jazz in the 90s, but realistically that was not even in the ballpark of what was going on in Seattle the last few weeks. I mean, twenty-five thousand people at the Hawks sendoff for the SB....unreal. The parade on Wednesday is going to be bananas.
                            2010 Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup. Over 1 million people attended the parade. It was an incredible ride. Enjoy it.
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Just got a message from our omp and everyone gets half day excused leave on Wednesday!

And jeans and Hawks gear again all week!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                The parade on Wednesday is going to be bananas.
                                Westin is completely booked for Tuesday night. Fairmont Olympic is completely booked. The Hilton is completely booked. Every (respectable) hotel within a block of 4th from the needle to the stadium that I've looked at so far is completely booked.

Yeah, it's going to be crazy.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X