Airline overbooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airline overbooking

Who volunteered to get off a plane that was overbooked? I was flying to Phoenix and started in Twin Falls. They almost overbooked and a thousand dollar Amazon gift card was rewarded. There was an empty seat so no one got it. Return flight in sl airport flight to Santa Barbara overbooked they tried to find volunteers for a long time. Can fore people off. People get good tickets doing that. If someone overbooked on way to Kc when I lost my ticket in Denver airport on way to FFA convention that would of been blessing.

I managed to talk ticket agent into boarding pass an got on plane in nick of time. Talk about stress. Sao losing ticket was like cash. On no.

My wife and I did it once in Seattle. We had just finished an Alaskan cruise and didn't need to hurry back home. They had announced that they might have too many people on the flight and might need volunteers to get bumped. They offered $200 each plus overnight hotel. We hung out right next to the ticket counter and when they made the announcement, we were both saying "me, me". Spent a day driving around south of Seattle, then flew home the next day.

Comment

My wife and I did that once. I think it was from Portland to Las Vegas. Taking the alternative route I think ended up being more direct and/or less time in the air and our arrival was only delayed by an hour or so. We each got an extra airline ticket for anywhere in the continental US.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

My son got a $1000 voucher from Delta recently. Had to wait a few hours for a later flight on the same day.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

A few years back I was headed to a military school, and voluntarily took a later flight to ATL, still making my connection to Dothan, Alabama. Delta gave me a $400 voucher, but more importantly, I flew SLC to ATL first class in comfort.

Incidentally, if I was involuntarily bumped, I would be required to have the airline make any compensation payable to The US Treasury.

Comment

Working...
          X