I bought another laser printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Wait, what year is this? Do computers still have CD drives?
    The companies that aren't advanced enough to allow you to load drivers off of the internet still ship CDs with their equipment. Apparently Brother is in that category.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
      The companies that aren't advanced enough to allow you to load drivers off of the internet still ship CDs with their equipment. Apparently Brother is in that category.
      Crazy. For the past 5 years at least, I would not have had a way to do anything with the cd other than make it a coaster or play Chinese throwing stars with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
        Brother has a site where you can download the drivers. No CDs required. I've done it several times.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          Brother has a site where you can download the drivers. No CDs required. I've done it several times.
          Yep, and if that were easier than tossing the CD into the drive, that's how I would have handled it.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
            It's a pack in for tech challenged boomers.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
              I still have an old HP LaserJet 3P that I bought in about 1992. It works (slowly), but the last couple of toner cartridges have leaked, resulting in streaks down each page. I finally turned it off a year or so ago and use my HP 8600 color inkjet printer/scanner/copier, which I've had for a number of years.
              Finally had to take our HP Color LaserJet4550n we bought back in early 2001 behind the shed and shoot it. What a run, almost 20 years! Replaced it with an HP CLJ M553dn. W10 boxes discovered it right off the network, easy peasy. Used the CD to install drivers for the Windows 7 machine. Que sera, sera.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
              X