The OAKLAND RAIDERS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And JaMarcus is gone from Oakland.

The Oakland Raiders released former No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell on Thursday, ending a three-year tenure marked by his high salary and unproductive play on the field.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      And somewhere Lane Kiffin is smiling.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        That is a good thing. There was something cosmically unfair about the Raiders having two big, stiff, immobile QB's who lack football IQ, have no instincts, and have been busts relative to where they were drafted. One is plenty!

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
          That is a good thing. There was something cosmically unfair about the Raiders having two big, stiff, immobile QB's who lack football IQ, have no instincts, and have been busts relative to where they were drafted. One is plenty!
          Al Davis will show you!
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Did the Raiders draft the fastest guy in the draft again? If so, that should help offset this.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              Did the Raiders draft the fastest guy in the draft again? If so, that should help offset this.
              Yep they did, Jacoby Ford from CLemson. This time they waited until the 4th round to take him.
              *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Yep they did, Jacoby Ford from CLemson. This time they waited until the 4th round to take him.
                They also drafted the fastest Offensive Lineman that wasn't very good in Bruce Campbell from Maryland.
                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Those Raiders are the fastest bunch of sucks that ever did suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                    Those Raiders are the fastest bunch of sucks that ever did suck.
                    I think that Al Davis' drafting of Mike Mitchell last year still does not get enough run. This is a guy that was a borderline free agent. Meaning there was a chance he would not get picked up at all by any team even after the draft. But he ran a 4.4 40 for Raiders scouts and Al Davis. So they take him in the 2nd round. I remember watching the draft when all the ESPN guys were like "who?" Mel Kiper knew kind of who he was and said "we do not even have film on this guy".

That was classic. The raiders justified it by saying even though most teams graded him as undrafted they gave him a 2nd round grade and so thats where they thought he deserved to go.
                    *Banned*

Comment

I think that Al Davis' drafting of Mike Mitchell last year still does not get enough run. This is a guy that was a borderline free agent. Meaning there was a chance he would not get picked up at all by any team even after the draft. But he ran a 4.4 40 for Raiders scouts and Al Davis. So they take him in the 2nd round. I remember watching the draft when all the ESPN guys were like "who?" Mel Kiper knew kind of who he was and said "we do not even have film on this guy".

That was classic. The raiders justified it by saying even though most teams graded him as undrafted they gave him a 2nd round grade and so thats where they thought he deserved to go.
                      I remember that. They mocked that more than they mocked the Haywerd-Bay pick. It was pretty funny.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

That is awesome. I wish I were fast so I could pick up a few M, not B, from Weekend at Bernie's.

Comment

Chris Carter is awesome here in the first 2 or so minutes,

[YOUTUBE]v/6NpAN7O2UWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" [/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Former Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell arrested on posession of codine syrup.
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                              Former Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell arrested on posession of codine syrup.
                              Is that seriously the best he could do?!?!??!?
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                                Is that seriously the best he could do?!?!??!?
                                You have obviously not tried Purple Drank and therefore have never lived.

Comment

Working...
                                X