Carbon Fiber Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Fiber Guitars

Has anyone tried a carbon fiber guitar? How do they play? The promotional literature says it has better-than-wood resonance. is this true? The travel guitar with a bolt on neck is really appealing.
    Last edited by creekster; 11-25-2019, 01:25 PM.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

lol. Airball thread.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      Has anyone tried a carbon fiber guitar? How do they play? The promotional literature says it has better-than-wood resonance. is this true? The travel guitar with a bolt on neck is really appealing.
      I have no direct experience with them but I have talked with some people who have. Apparently they are louder than wood, are lighter, and are extensive. That's the extent of what I've heard. Really the only con I've heard about them is that they don't age. The tone you get when you buy it will not change. If you like the tone, then no problem. But aged wood guitars sound better.

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
        I have no direct experience with them but I have talked with some people who have. Apparently they are louder than wood, are lighter, and are extensive. That's the extent of what I've heard. Really the only con I've heard about them is that they don't age. The tone you get when you buy it will not change. If you like the tone, then no problem. But aged wood guitars sound better.
        That's what I have heard as well. They are pricey but for a virtually indestructible travel guitar that comes apart so it can fit into a normal size backpack the price isn't too bad.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Yeah, if I had money to throw around I would buy one. I'm not really an acoustic guitar person though. And not sure if I could tolerate a non wood electric. Not for any other reason than that's what I'm used to.

An indestructible guitar to haul around would be awesome.

Comment

In Oregon - hemp is the new cash crop. I wonder if you could make a hemp guitar.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Rainsong guitars are excellent. David Wilcox, one of the best acoustic guys out there, uses them for touring. They are impervious to changes in temperature and humidity.

Comment

Working...
              X