Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Give Me (a victory vs) Liberty, or Give Me Death (to this season)

Philosopher of Men Sleeping in EQ's Avatar

We have the wrong Jesus.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
    We have the wrong Jesus.
    Lol.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Because why go up 10 points and virtually seal the game when you can go high risk, low probability and give them a chance to come back and win?

Total faith in the defense here!

we won

But seriously their top WR had two hands on that pass that would have gotten the first.

I would not have expected A.G.G. to drop it there.

Dumb penalties at the worst times and even dumber play calling almost cost us that game. Phew.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Winning record, baby!

That win was very MAFUesque, but I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    Yeah. So lucky.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    Why in the hell was A.G.G being covered by a linebacker...so lucky!

Philosopher of Men Sleeping in EQ's Avatar

The wafting stench of a Crowton team.

Soft.

Sloppy.

Gimmicky.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Princeps Inter Pares

Well, it was a win. Can’t always play like that and come away with one of those.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Default Give Me (a victory vs) Liberty, or Give Me Death (to this season)

Kalani is so dumb. The fake FG was ridiculous, but 4th and 21 and you rush 3 and give their very accurate QB all day to extend the drive? I can’t begin to accurately express how dumb that decision is.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 11-09-2019 at 08:59 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Well, it was a win. Can’t always play like that and come away with one of those.
    Like I said, I'll take it. We lack talent on the defense, and are overrated on the o-line...yet somehow we have gotten to a winning season. I'm pretty happy overall.

So who was calling defensive plays last night?

Also, I'm getting sick of people behind me spilling the hot chocolate. It happened twice! And when the water bottle came rolling down, I said, "this is mine now!"

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Seriously scrum play on 2nd and 9?
    I got home just in time to see this drive in tv. When they lined up in the scrum formation I figured they would do something different out of it. No, they went up the middle for two yards. The I thought maybe the tv has the wrong down and to go yardage. Nope, it really was 2nd and 9.

Maybe the green rake has taken over okay calling responsibilities
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Seriously scrum play on 2nd and 9?
    No idea why they keep running that in longer yardage situations.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    No idea why they keep running that in longer yardage situations.
    I thought they were setting up for a field goal kicked from the center of the field and a little closer. But then on the fake, I guess not.

Did Kalani give an explanation for the fake FG? I'm hoping a player mixed a signal and that play really didn't come in from the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Did Kalani give an explanation for the fake FG? I'm hoping a player mixed a signal and that play really didn't come in from the coaches.
    Yeah, he was quite defensive about it. He said something like, "Hey, you guys say you want me to be more aggressive but when I am more aggressive you don't like it." I see people high-fiving over that response on twitter, but I think it was a copout. He made some really stupid coaching decisions in that game. Doing the scrum for example on 2nd and 9 is not aggressive, it is stupid. You want to be more aggressive, maybe try rushing more than three people on defense from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah, he was quite defensive about it. He said something like, "Hey, you guys say you want me to be more aggressive but when I am more aggressive you don't like it." I see people high-fiving over that response on twitter, but I think it was a copout. He made some really stupid coaching decisions in that game. Doing the scrum for example on 2nd and 9 is not aggressive, it is stupid. You want to be more aggressive, maybe try rushing more than three people on defense from time to time.
    I'm sure the thought was Liberty would likely be going for the block so it was a good time to catch them with a fake. I'm not unsympathetic to that argument. But in order to be successful against a FG block defense, you need a more well-designed fake than that piece of excrement.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah, he needs to pick different things to be defensive about. I’m all about giving him credit when his trick plays work, but that was a horrible call.

I once heard of a coach who did a fake punt from their own end zone on 4th and 19. Crazy stuff, right? I mean, this fake FG wasn't quite that crazy, but that's really a distinction of of degree and not kind (channeling my inner Utah Dan).
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    I once heard of a coach who did a fake punt from their own end zone on 4th and 19. Crazy stuff, right? I mean, this fake FG wasn't quite that crazy, but that's really a distinction of of degree and not kind (channeling my inner Utah Dan).
    I thought Linehan tried that on his own. Was that really Bronco/Anae who called for that atrocity?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I thought Linehan tried that on his own. Was that really Bronco/Anae who called for that atrocity?
    It was definitely not Bronco/Anae.

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    It was definitely not Bronco/Anae.
    I forgot about that being Kalani’s first year. Was that the missed FG game or the failed 2 pt conversion? The close losses in Spudville are too painful to keep straight.