No announcement yet.

2019-2020 BYU Cougars basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now reporting that Yoeli is out for another two weeks. I'd be surprised if he comes back at all before the Tourney.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Finally get a 3 to fall. Still down to the last place team in the league. Not good so far.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Finally get a 3 to fall. Still down to the last place team in the league. Not good so far.
        Up 12 at half. Much better

Comment

• Lee has that baby hook down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            Lee has that baby hook down pat.
            It's looked better tonight than any other game this season.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I love that play where MVP fakes like he's bumbling the ball and it bounces around between defense guys and bounces back to MVP on his way to a layup. Excellent move.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Lee was awesome tonight. What a change from last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  I love that play where MVP fakes like he's bumbling the ball and it bounces around between defense guys and bounces back to MVP on his way to a layup. Excellent move.
                  That's my signature move at church ball.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                    Lee was awesome tonight. What a change from last year.
                    Yes, he is good. Nice touch around the basket. Not an all star, but not a total bumbler. I don't find myself silently screaming, "NOOOOOOOOO, don't pass it to him!"
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• This team is really shaping up well. Could be a special season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        Now reporting that Yoeli is out for another two weeks. I'd be surprised if he comes back at all before the Tourney.
                        Ugh I didn't see this. Two more weeks for a dislocated finger? Seems a little cautious.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          Ugh I didn't see this. Two more weeks for a dislocated finger? Seems a little cautious.
                          It was an open dislocation. The freaking bone was sticking out of the skin.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            Supposedly it was a compound dislocation - i.e. the bone didn't break but it was sticking out through the skin. Plenty of gross examples on the internet of a compound dislocation.

EDIT: Dang it. Beat by Piney, so now I'm a hack.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                              Supposedly it was a compound dislocation - i.e. the bone didn't break but it was sticking out through the skin. Plenty of gross examples on the internet of a compound dislocation.

EDIT: Dang it. Beat by Piney, so now I'm a hack.
                              My wife used to work as an athletic trainer in the MTC, dealing with the injuries for gym time and helping the missionaries rehab injuries. She said one of the coolest injuries she saw was a compound dislocation of a finger of an elder that was playing volleyball. She said it was amazing how white the bone is. Said it was sticking right through the skin without any blood.

Another one she thought was really cool was when an elder slipped on some ice and fell and somehow dislocated his tibia. She said the poor elder's foot was pointed the wrong direction, but his biggest concern was that the paramedics not cut his suit pants.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                It was an open dislocation. The freaking bone was sticking out of the skin.
                                yikes. Yeah, that's a little more serious than popping the finger in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X