No announcement yet.

2019-2020 BYU Cougars basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone catch the Peyton Dastrup high-five himself highlight? Love that guy. Great bench player. He's super fat again, and his stats are nearly identical to his BYU stats. He still hates on the Utes, however, so I still sort of like him.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
      Did anyone catch the Peyton Dastrup high-five himself highlight? Love that guy. Great bench player. He's super fat again, and his stats are nearly identical to his BYU stats. He still hates on the Utes, however, so I still sort of like him.
      He didn't even play against Utah. I forgot he was even on the team

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
        He didn't even play against Utah. I forgot he was even on the team

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
        Doesn't surprise me. He was out of shape his freshman year, but he's looked like he's hit up every food truck in Corvallis. As a fellow fat dude, I sympathize, but I'd like to think if I were a scholarship athlete that I could pull together a few years of discipline.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          Did anyone catch the Peyton Dastrup high-five himself highlight? Love that guy. Great bench player. He's super fat again, and his stats are nearly identical to his BYU stats. He still hates on the Utes, however, so I still sort of like him.
          I want him back as a grad student transfer just to manage the cheering section from the bench. He is great.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I want him back as a grad student transfer just to manage the cheering section from the bench. He is great.
            That would be great. I love that kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Seriously. Let's go a season without blowing a game to San Diego/Portland/Loyola Marymount before we start counting our bracket chickens. I realize that was a Dave Rose special, but the loss to Utah already tells me that potential exists within this team as well.
              I think following this stuff while the season is underway is part of enjoying a season to its fullest. It sucks when the team isn't good enough to even be in that conversation -- like has been the case for us every year since 2015. It's really not about "counting chickens" as much as about understanding where the team currently stands compared to everyone else, and having an idea what they still would need to do. These brackets are not a final prediction of what will happen. They're a snapshot -- like a national version of checking the conference standings. But I get it that it's not what some like to pay attention to in January.
              Last edited by BlueK; 01-07-2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Big game tonight. Any of our Bay Area brethren making the jaunt to Moraga to cheer on the team?
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• sounds like Yoeli is questionable. CB is freaking out of course, thinking the worst, but everything i've heard and read is that he will play.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    sounds like Yoeli is questionable. CB is freaking out of course, thinking the worst, but everything i've heard and read is that he will play.
                    Questionable because of injury or something else? No Yo makes the team more no go.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      Questionable because of injury or something else? No Yo makes the team more no go.
                      Injury. He injured his right index finger a couple of days ago in practice, if I heard right.

Bad news if he can't play, but we did have some decent wins while he was on suspension, including Houston on the road and V Tech in Maui.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        Injury. He injured his right index finger a couple of days ago in practice, if I heard right.

Bad news if he can't play, but we did have some decent wins while he was on suspension, including Houston on the road and V Tech in Maui.
                        Finger? He should be able to rebound and play D.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          sounds like Yoeli is questionable. CB is freaking out of course, thinking the worst, but everything i've heard and read is that he will play.
                          There is but one certainty when it comes to rumors about BYU athletics. If the rumors are negative, they will be true and if they are positive, they are almost never true.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                            There is but one certainty when it comes to rumors about BYU athletics. If the rumors are negative, they will be true and if they are positive, they are almost never true.
                            i hate how true that statement is.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• The rumor is that it was a compound dislocation where the joint broke through the skin. Yikes.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• I mean, if BYU could hit a freaking shot from within 5 feet, they'd be rollin'.

Comment

Working...
                                X