No announcement yet.

2019-2020 BYU Cougars basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly game. I wondered if the long layoff hurt, and now we get to wait until a week from Thursday for another game.

Comment

• St Mary’s credited with 10 steals. Wow.

Comment

• I don't understand how, if upon review the refs cannot call a foul if what they saw doesn't reach the standard of flagrant but was obviously a common foul - however - under the same conditions if they called a foul and then determine that there wasn't one, they can wipe away the original foul called.

I mean - I guess I'm glad they can wipe away a called foul that wasn't really a foul. But if it makes sense to allow them to drop a foul that wasn't, then doesn't it also make sense to let them call a foul that was? Particularly if they actually thought it was a flagrant foul initially.

It's a small matter for this particular game - but it bugs me.

Comment

• I was surprised we didn't set more screens for Toolson in the second half. He had the hot hand in the first half and I really dont' remember him doing much (other than turning over the ball) in the second half.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I'm just going to pretend that game didn't happen.

Comment

• Watched this game and the Jazz game back to back. Eerily similar. Also, would anybody like to hit me along side the body with an aluminum bat?
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I hate Saint Mary's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  Watched this game and the Jazz game back to back. Eerily similar. Also, would anybody like to hit me along side the body with an aluminum bat?
                  If you put a picture of Randy Bennett on, then yes.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• So, will our FYM fair better in front of empty arenas in the tournament?

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      Watched this game and the Jazz game back to back. Eerily similar. Also, would anybody like to hit me along side the body with an aluminum bat?
                      I usually aim for the knees, but I'm game.

Comment

• I didn't realize it until I read an article today, but Kolby Lee was out sick from last night's game.

I don't think I ever thought I would be saying this, but BYU missed Kolby Lee last night.

Does anyone know what sickness he has?

Also, it sounds like Nixon is doubtful to return next week for the NCAA tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                          I didn't realize it until I read an article today, but Kolby Lee was out sick from last night's game.

I don't think I ever thought I would be saying this, but BYU missed Kolby Lee last night.

Does anyone know what sickness he has?

Also, it sounds like Nixon is doubtful to return next week for the NCAA tourney.
                          Stomach flu

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                            Stomach flu
                            Yeah, let’s go with that.
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              As of 2/25/2020:

<0.1% chance of winning the WCC regular season (including shared title)
                              72.9% chance of reaching the Round of 32
                              37.5% chance of reaching the Sweet 16
                              17.2% chance of reaching the Elite 8
                              7.2% chance of reaching the Final Four
                              1.2% chance of winning the NCAA tournament.

Lunardi projecting BYU as a 6-seed - http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
                              Palm projecting BYU as a 6-seed - https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/
                              As of 3/11/2020:

0% chance of winning the WCC regular season (including shared title)
                              0% chance of winning the WCC tournament
                              73.6% chance of reaching the Round of 32
                              40.3% chance of reaching the Sweet 16
                              18.7% chance of reaching the Elite 8
                              8.1% chance of reaching the Final Four
                              1.5% chance of winning the NCAA tournament.

Lunardi projecting BYU as a 5-seed (last updated 3/9/2020) - http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
                              Palm projecting BYU as a 6-seed playing the winner of the play-in game - https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                As of 3/11/2020:

0% chance of winning the WCC regular season (including shared title)
                                0% chance of winning the WCC tournament
                                73.6% chance of reaching the Round of 32
                                40.3% chance of reaching the Sweet 16
                                18.7% chance of reaching the Elite 8
                                8.1% chance of reaching the Final Four
                                1.5% chance of winning the NCAA tournament.

Lunardi projecting BYU as a 5-seed (last updated 3/9/2020) - http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
                                Palm projecting BYU as a 6-seed playing the winner of the play-in game - https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/
                                Our FYM should be well prepared for these upcoming games having been playing in high school gyms most of the year.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X