2019-2020 BYU Cougars basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    BTW, why do you want to "trigger" mika or jackson?
    I have no idea. Loved both of them as players. IMO, Jackson really helped Jimmer, become JIMMER. He was the perfect backcourt mate for him. I get the need to stand up for your brother, but as DH asks Nick brought all of this upon himself. I hope his wife or someone who cares about him keeps NE off social media for good.

Comment

I don’t understand how MVP can be so bad offensively. He scored a ton of points in high school.
      So true. Needs to earn that right to that weirdness. Othersise he's just irritating as he misses another 3 or drives straight into an offensive foul.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        So true. Needs to earn that right to that weirdness. Othersise he's just irritating as he misses another 3 or drives straight into an offensive foul.
        His double dribble was pretty spectacular.

Comment

I don’t understand how MVP can be so bad offensively. He scored a ton of points in high school.
          My take on MVP: Dude is physically in basketball purgatory. He's too short to be a 4, too slow/not effective as a 3, so he decides that the way to make his mark it to bulk up to be able to bang down low a bit, but in the process loses some of his agility and coordination. So now he's just a really short 4 whose greatest strengths were diminished by his physical transformation.

Could be way off there, but that's the impression I get. I also think he gets nerves during the games. I'm worried Toolson will too. Just relax fellas and play the game.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

So all BYU had to do was get a Utah County judge to overrule the NCAA regarding Yoeli?!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ay-play-friday

Comment

Cougs could used Yoeli right now. No inside game at all against SDSU.

BYU shot 36% in the first half, 30% from 3. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                Cougs could used Yoeli right now. No inside game at all against SDSU.

BYU shot 36% in the first half, 30% from 3. Ugh.
                This team looked like a bottom half of the WCC team the first half.

Comment

That assist from MVP to Barcello was literally MVP’s most athletic move of his BYU career.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I think Toolson is slowly settling in to being a Cougar again.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

TJ has had a couple of really nice assists in the last few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                        I think Toolson is slowly settling in to being a Cougar again.
                        Very slowly . . .

Comment

Seems like BYU wins this game with Yoeli.

Officiating was weak but the officials weren’t the ones who allowed SDSU to shoot 45% from 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                            Very slowly . . .
                            Toolson continues to remind me why I wasn't too disappointed when he originally defected to CUVS.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Toolson had 18 points shooting above 50% from the field. Haws had a pretty bad game, on the other hand.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                                Seems like BYU wins this game with Yoeli.

Officiating was weak but the officials weren’t the ones who allowed SDSU to shoot 45% from 3.
                                They might even win it just with Baxter. Nixon and Worthington part II leave a lot to be desired.

Comment

Working...
                                X