2019-2020 BYU Cougars basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    I didn't get to watch the game. What was the reason for the disparity in the number of fouls called against BYU vs. Utah? Was BYU fouling more because Utah was driving more, or was it just lopsided officiating?
    Depends on who you ask.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I didn't get to watch the game. What was the reason for the disparity in the number of fouls called against BYU vs. Utah? Was BYU fouling more because Utah was driving more, or was it just lopsided officiating?
      The officiating was horrendous. That doesn't excuse BYU's sloppy passing and terrible defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
        The officiating was horrendous. That doesn't excuse BYU's sloppy passing and terrible defense.
        The terrible defense was a direct result of the horrendous officiating, any resistance at all was called a foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
          The terrible defense was a direct result of the horrendous officiating.
          Partly, yes. But much of it was all on BYU's own accord. Not defending cutters, not stopping the ball, allowing post players to seal their defender and then, most atrocious of all is allowing Jones and open look at the 3 to tie it. Give them an easy two there, you have been doing it all game.

Comment

• I hate games officiated like that - even if the light calls go both ways. Then at the end the refs completely blew the backcourt call and they allowed the utah player to jump and land on top of Seljaas as he was getting a pass from Toolson. You let that go after the way you have been calling the game up to that point?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Welp, they beat UNLV

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Welp, they beat UNLV
                I'm still pissed about the Utah game. They are not forgiven yet.
                Last edited by BigPiney; 12-07-2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  I'm still pissed about the Utah game. They are not forgiven yet.
                  Agreed.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• The Cougars are playing some nice ball against Nevada tonight.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Uh yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• I am really really really liking Pope so far. Love the ball movement and the togetherness on defense. Better than I expected so far. It will be interesting to see how the conference goes and if we can avoid losing to the RPI 100+ teams and match up against St Mary’s. The zags are much more talented that us but St. Mary’s should not dominate us like they have.

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Still unhappy about that uofutah loss.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            I am really really really liking Pope so far. Love the ball movement and the togetherness on defense. Better than I expected so far. It will be interesting to see how the conference goes and if we can avoid losing to the RPI 100+ teams and match up against St Mary’s. The zags are much more talented that us but St. Mary’s should not dominate us like they have.

Yes.
                            Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            Still unhappy about that uofutah loss.
                            Yes.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• BYU's rankings right now:

KenPom: 42
                              ESPN BPI: 35
                              Sagarin: 37
                              RPI: 26

These are very good numbers, and way better than almost anyone would have expected from the team in mid-December. KenPom tends to respond the slowest to recent results. The NCAA NET rating which is what the committee primarily uses is not released yet, but it's supposedly most similar to BPI.

Comment

BYU's rankings right now:

KenPom: 42
                                ESPN BPI: 35
                                Sagarin: 37
                                RPI: 26

These are very good numbers, and way better than almost anyone would have expected from the team in mid-December. KenPom tends to respond the slowest to recent results. The NCAA NET rating which is what the committee primarily uses is not released yet, but it's supposedly most similar to BPI.
                                Kenpom might respond slower, but BYU jumped up 12 spots in kenpom from before the Nevada game.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X