Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019-2020 BYU Cougars basketball

Since we last waxed eloquent about hoops things have changed:

1.) Gavin Baxter is out for the year. I think this pretty much kills our final 4 chances to I am ratcheting down my expectations for this upcoming year.

2.) Alex Barcello is eligible to play immediately. I understand while his experience at Arizona was not a great success, but wasn't he reputed to be fairly athletic? Could he become BYU's best perimeter defender and best hope at a lockdown perimeter defender? I think TJ Haws plays better when he dominates the ball so I don't know how things are going to mesh with the "pass first" PG Barcello, but we get to find out soon.

3.) I still don't think Dalton Nixon is the MVP.

4.) I think if we ever wondered about Kolby Lee, all those questions will be answered within a couple of months. I am guessing not a lot of people ever wonder at all about Kolby Lee.

I plan to be there on the 5th of November to usher in the new Pope against the Cal-State Fullerton Titans, who happen to be the first team I witnessed a BYU basketball team play against in person! Here is to hoping BYU is as tough on the Titans as were Trumbo, Roberts and Kite in the first sans Ainge year.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Given the depth issues at 5 this'll be his best shot at MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      Sometimes it all starts with just getting your chance!

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It's possible that Lee could have become an above average athlete in the last seven months, but I'm skeptical.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            It's possible that Lee could have become an above average athlete in the last seven months, but I'm skeptical.
            I'm just excited to see more of his running gait.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I've lowered my expectations for this year, considerably and am giving Pope a pass given the plethora of bad luck he's been dealt. If he can make anything out of these players and this team, he deserves some sort of coaching award.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Word from my source: The Arizona transfer is awesome and will make a big impact, Toolson will be our best 3-point shooter since Jimmer, Pope has Haws playing in-system and under control, the MVP is going to start and play big minutes until Yoeli returns.

Comment

Pope seems to have everyone playing with good energy for the exhibition. It stinks that Baxter is out.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Cameron Pearson does not strike me as a D-I ball player.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Knell is a shooter. Loved seeing that.

Lee has a hook shot, but that's about it. Dude does not go hard at the rim

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Knell is a shooter. Loved seeing that.

Lee has a hook shot, but that's about it. Dude does not go hard at the rim
                        Yeah he needs to toughen up
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                          Hopefully he doesn't see the floor very often except in mop-up duty.
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Yeah he needs to toughen up
                          Not usually an issue for a NSot208.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Not usually an issue for a NSot208.
                            Good post. Her way to fame!

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              Walk-on, last man on roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X