Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    That was some ugly freaking basketball.
    Yeah, that was bad. SSU couldn't hit from beyond 3 ft out so we accommodated them. Traveling, bad passes, blah, blah, blah.

But we won! Still on track to take state.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Kolby Lee omg! He makes Luke Worthington look like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Comment

Lee. Honestly, I'm glad he can shoot free throws. That may be his best contribution to this team, although I greatly wish his key contributions were defense and--most significantly--rebounding.

If MVP is gonna do MVP things, I at least like the version where he scores points, pulls down boards, and draws key offensive fouls too.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

The way Pope handled Haws and Troy for the last 10 minutes I can only conclude that Pope blamed Haws for #3's continuous layup drill during the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. I was unaware of Troy even being on the roster until last night. Seems like an OK defender who is a total liability on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            If MVP is gonna do MVP things, I at least like the version where he scores points, pulls down boards, and draws key offensive fouls too.

But is making 1 of 2 critical free throws too much to ask? Apparently.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I watched the first half of OSU vs Oklahoma. Dastrup has put on at least another 20 pounds of non-muscle. But he was legit contributor, especially on D and the boards. It would be nice to have someone like that on BYU when Yoeli is out. Sadly the camera didn't show if PD is still the main hype-man in Corvallis.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

But is making 1 of 2 critical free throws too much to ask? Apparently.
                https://archive.sltrib.com/article.p...45&itype=cmsid

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  I watched the first half of OSU vs Oklahoma. Dastrup has put on at least another 20 pounds of non-muscle. But he was legit contributor, especially on D and the boards. It would be nice to have someone like that on BYU when Yoeli is out. Sadly the camera didn't show if PD is still the main hype-man in Corvallis.
                  Pope was dealt a bad hand, with Yoeli and the injuries. This season will be ugly. I still like Pope as a hire.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Brutal, man.

The forward will play at BYU following an LDS Church mission.

And at some point, he said, he will have an opportunity to win a game with two free throws for the Cougars. And the outcome then will be different.

"You know," he said, "I'm going to knock those down next time."

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                      The way Pope handled Haws and Troy for the last 10 minutes I can only conclude that Pope blamed Haws for #3's continuous layup drill during the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. I was unaware of Troy even being on the roster until last night. Seems like an OK defender who is a total liability on offense.
                      Haws picked up his fourth foul with ten minutes left to go in the game, so during the last few minutes Pope traded them in and out for offense and defense to protect Haws from fouling out.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 11-15-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        We could lose to Chaminade.
                        Chaminade is D2. I doubt they're even as good as CS Fullerton. SDSU might be pretty good. SUU is bigger than most teams and more athletic than most of the teams we'll play. Too bad for them that their athletes are mostly really bad shooters. I think the struggle there for BYU was 70% bad matchup and 30% BYU not being good enough. But we still won at least. Supposedly Houston is athletic but not tall.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 11-15-2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                          Brutal, man.
                          Just an interesting factoid,that Orem team had Nixon and harward and that bountiful team had Sam Merrill and Zac seljass

Comment

Kolby Lee with the surprising stat line of the game: 10 pts, 6 reb, 4 assists.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                              Kolby Lee with the surprising stat line of the game: 10 pts, 6 reb, 4 assists.
                              He’s had his moments but mostly it’s been good passes to him all alone underneath

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Welp. Haws can’t make the front end? Game over.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X