Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: 2019-2020 BYU Cougars basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    As of 3/11/2020:

0% chance of winning the WCC regular season (including shared title)
    0% chance of winning the WCC tournament
    73.6% chance of reaching the Round of 32
    40.3% chance of reaching the Sweet 16
    18.7% chance of reaching the Elite 8
    8.1% chance of reaching the Final Four
    1.5% chance of winning the NCAA tournament.

Lunardi projecting BYU as a 5-seed (last updated 3/9/2020) - http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
    Palm projecting BYU as a 6-seed playing the winner of the play-in game - https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/
    Now do it including the probability the tournament will even happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    0% chance of anything good happening for BYU athletics
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    100% NCCA CHAMPIONS (68 way tie)!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    100% NCCA CHAMPIONS (68 way tie)!!!!
    Damn. I feel sick for the kids on our team. They played their guts out and deserve a chance to cement their legacies into BYU Athletic's history. Damn, damn, damn.

What a shame that it worked out like this. BYU doesn't get teams like this very often; it would've been fun to see what they could do.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    What a shame that it worked out like this. BYU doesn't get teams like this very often; it would've been fun to see what they could do.
    this sucks so much
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Officially cancelled.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

https://twitter.com/NCAA/status/1238...928667136?s=20

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Luke weighs in. He's had a lot of experience shattering dreams.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Some good news to end an otherwise shitty week:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

That's a really good pick up, imo. I think he'll be a three year starter with 15 or 18 points a game potential.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...r-coronavirus/

The 2020 NCAA Tournament is not going to be played over concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, but there is still a chance an official bracket for the field of 68 could be released by the NCAA.

NCAA senior vice president of basketball Dan Gavitt told CBS Sports on Friday that the NCAA has not yet completely killed the idea of putting together a 68-team bracket for the purposes of an official recognition of the 2019-20 men's Division I basketball season. While far from a sure thing, it's still on the table -- offering hope to coaches and players across the country that they could at least potentially get formal recognition for the work they put into their seasons over the past five-plus months.
    - Goatnapper'96

Here's a picture of the girl you could have hooked up with had spring break not been canceled.

Would BYU have made the field of 16? Looks like they hypothetically scheduled it to skip Sunday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...ss/ar-BB119NIp

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    Here's a picture of the girl you could have hooked up with had spring break not been canceled.
    Her mystery adds to her beauty.
    - Goatnapper'96

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

This simulation of March Madness has No. 6 BYU getting to the Sweet Sixteen, knocking off #3 Seton Hall. I'm sure it's accurate to that point, but strays when it picks #2 SDSU to bet the Cougs, noting that they lost to the Aztecs in Provo by 5, forgetting that Yoeli sat that one out. Too bad, because their next opponent would have been Gonzaga for the right to go to the Final Four. What might have been... Dayton wins it all. Thanks, Coronavirus!

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    This simulation of March Madness has No. 6 BYU getting to the Sweet Sixteen, knocking off #3 Seton Hall. I'm sure it's accurate to that point, but strays when it picks #2 SDSU to bet the Cougs, noting that they lost to the Aztecs in Provo by 5, forgetting that Yoeli sat that one out. Too bad, because their next opponent would have been Gonzaga for the right to go to the Final Four. What might have been... Dayton wins it all. Thanks, Coronavirus!
    Obviously the god of NCAA basketball is not our God.

I'm still so very disappointed that the NCAA got cancelled.

This year, of all years, was going to be the year of upsets all over the place. There truly hasn't been that one dominant team that everyone is talking about and is sure will win it all. I mean...Utah even beat Kentucky this year. KENTUCKY! Just imagine - the tournament had the potential to be absolutely crazy.

On top of that, BYU had the kind of team that really could beat about anyone from this field that lacked standouts. I mean - they would've had to go on a run and make some shots. If the shooters were off or they weren't taking care of the ball and were turning it over, they certainly had the chance to be upset themselves. But they had a chance to do some damage and advance. A real potential to make it into the second weekend.

It really is starting to feel like BYU and BYU fans just aren't meant to have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I'm still so very disappointed that the NCAA got cancelled.

This year, of all years, was going to be the year of upsets all over the place. There truly hasn't been that one dominant team that everyone is talking about and is sure will win it all. I mean...Utah even beat Kentucky this year. KENTUCKY! Just imagine - the tournament had the potential to be absolutely crazy.

On top of that, BYU had the kind of team that really could beat about anyone from this field that lacked standouts. I mean - they would've had to go on a run and make some shots. If the shooters were off or they weren't taking care of the ball and were turning it over, they certainly had the chance to be upset themselves. But they had a chance to do some damage and advance. A real potential to make it into the second weekend.

It really is starting to feel like BYU and BYU fans just aren't meant to have nice things.
    You're just starting to get that feeling?
    - Goatnapper'96

Hey guys! We did REALLY good in the NCAA tournament this year!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ent-played-out

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Stinking badgers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Stinking badgers!
    The parade will help us all feel better.

If BYU was hot from 3 and Yoeli didn't go cold down low, who knows what might have happened. Such a shame to never know.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    If BYU was hot from 3 and Yoeli didn't go cold down low, who knows what might have happened. Such a shame to never know.
    Right, but all the participants need to keep at least 6 feet away from each other and all the spectators should stay home.
    - Goatnapper'96

Lol. Zags lost to Yale. Eat a dick, Zags!
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    That was great. Awesome they got Wrubbel to do the voiceover for it. Love that the got Seljaas’ hair and ‘stache right. They could have done better on TJ’s hair though.