Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 751 to 780 of 809

Thread: 2019-2020 BYU Cougars basketball

  1. #751

    Default

    Punchable


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  2. #752
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Seriously I hate St. Mary’s so much more than Gonzaga.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hate them both lots. I hope someone Tanya Hardings Ford.

  3. #753

    Default

    Yo go hit there.

  4. #754

    Default

    Of course


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  5. #755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Yo go hit there.
    for sure pushed out of bounds. darn.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  6. #756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Yo go hit there.
    He got hit all night


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  7. #757

    Default

    I hate everything. That was sooooo bad.

    And to top it off, it's almost 1 AM on a work night.

  8. #758
    Major disappointment The_Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,892

    Default

    Can't make free throws, can't make layups. Yoeli layed an egg tonight.

  9. #759
    Senior Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Davis County
    Posts
    6,994

    Default

    Well...that sucked. Really bad.

    But, honestly, that probably is pretty good prep for the NCAA tourney. Refs tend to swallow their whistles at inopportune times.

    I figured BYU was in trouble when they simply couldn't keep from turning over the ball in the first half. That and not making a good run when Ford spent some extended time on the bench. Darn.

  10. #760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Well...that sucked. Really bad.

    But, honestly, that probably is pretty good prep for the NCAA tourney. Refs tend to swallow their whistles at inopportune times.

    I figured BYU was in trouble when they simply couldn't keep from turning over the ball in the first half. That and not making a good run when Ford spent some extended time on the bench. Darn.
    Good prep, nothing. Seriously. I don't think that helps squat

  11. #761

    Default

    It should be a violation of NCAA regs to name such an asshole team after Jesus’ mom. That said, nothing more reliable than BYU shitting the bed in a conference tournament.

  12. #762
    Senior Member BigFatMeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Jordan, UT
    Posts
    3,291

    Default

    Cougs deserved to lose this game. Turnovers. Haws 2-14. Yoeli 8-20 and a lot of those misses were in the low post.

    Officiating was the usual WCC fare but it didn’t make Haws 2-14 and BYU with 15 TOs

  13. #763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Cougs deserved to lose this game. Turnovers. Haws 2-14. Yoeli 8-20 and a lot of those misses were in the low post.

    Officiating was the usual WCC fare but it didn’t make Haws 2-14 and BYU with 15 TOs
    Both teams deserved to lose that game, so it might as well have been the good guys winning

  14. #764
    Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    51,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Both teams deserved to lose that game, so it might as well have been the good guys winning
    Agreed.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  15. #765
    Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    51,369

    Default

    Yoeli got stuffed by the smc benchwarmers. Argh...
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  16. #766
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    12,774

    Default

    Ugly game. I wondered if the long layoff hurt, and now we get to wait until a week from Thursday for another game.

  17. #767
    Senior Member BigFatMeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Jordan, UT
    Posts
    3,291

    Default

    St Mary’s credited with 10 steals. Wow.

  18. #768
    Senior Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Davis County
    Posts
    6,994

    Default

    I don't understand how, if upon review the refs cannot call a foul if what they saw doesn't reach the standard of flagrant but was obviously a common foul - however - under the same conditions if they called a foul and then determine that there wasn't one, they can wipe away the original foul called.

    I mean - I guess I'm glad they can wipe away a called foul that wasn't really a foul. But if it makes sense to allow them to drop a foul that wasn't, then doesn't it also make sense to let them call a foul that was? Particularly if they actually thought it was a flagrant foul initially.

    It's a small matter for this particular game - but it bugs me.

  19. #769
    Royal Rooter Green Monstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Oilpatch
    Posts
    10,996

    Default

    I was surprised we didn't set more screens for Toolson in the second half. He had the hot hand in the first half and I really dont' remember him doing much (other than turning over the ball) in the second half.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

  20. #770

    Default

    I'm just going to pretend that game didn't happen.

  21. #771
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    16,690

    Default

    Watched this game and the Jazz game back to back. Eerily similar. Also, would anybody like to hit me along side the body with an aluminum bat?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  22. #772

    Default

    I hate Saint Mary's.

  23. #773
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    12,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Watched this game and the Jazz game back to back. Eerily similar. Also, would anybody like to hit me along side the body with an aluminum bat?
    If you put a picture of Randy Bennett on, then yes.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  24. #774
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Land of the Morning Calm
    Posts
    16,557

    Default

    So, will our FYM fair better in front of empty arenas in the tournament?

    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  25. #775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Watched this game and the Jazz game back to back. Eerily similar. Also, would anybody like to hit me along side the body with an aluminum bat?
    I usually aim for the knees, but I'm game.

  26. #776
    Senior Member BigFatMeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Jordan, UT
    Posts
    3,291

    Default

    I didn't realize it until I read an article today, but Kolby Lee was out sick from last night's game.

    I don't think I ever thought I would be saying this, but BYU missed Kolby Lee last night.

    Does anyone know what sickness he has?

    Also, it sounds like Nixon is doubtful to return next week for the NCAA tourney.

  27. #777
    Major disappointment The_Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    I didn't realize it until I read an article today, but Kolby Lee was out sick from last night's game.

    I don't think I ever thought I would be saying this, but BYU missed Kolby Lee last night.

    Does anyone know what sickness he has?

    Also, it sounds like Nixon is doubtful to return next week for the NCAA tourney.
    Stomach flu

  28. #778
    Princeps Inter Pares
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    Stomach flu
    Yeah, let’s go with that.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

  29. #779
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    12,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    As of 2/25/2020:

    <0.1% chance of winning the WCC regular season (including shared title)
    72.9% chance of reaching the Round of 32
    37.5% chance of reaching the Sweet 16
    17.2% chance of reaching the Elite 8
    7.2% chance of reaching the Final Four
    1.2% chance of winning the NCAA tournament.

    Lunardi projecting BYU as a 6-seed - http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
    Palm projecting BYU as a 6-seed - https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/
    As of 3/11/2020:

    0% chance of winning the WCC regular season (including shared title)
    0% chance of winning the WCC tournament
    73.6% chance of reaching the Round of 32
    40.3% chance of reaching the Sweet 16
    18.7% chance of reaching the Elite 8
    8.1% chance of reaching the Final Four
    1.5% chance of winning the NCAA tournament.

    Lunardi projecting BYU as a 5-seed (last updated 3/9/2020) - http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
    Palm projecting BYU as a 6-seed playing the winner of the play-in game - https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  30. #780
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Land of the Morning Calm
    Posts
    16,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    As of 3/11/2020:

    0% chance of winning the WCC regular season (including shared title)
    0% chance of winning the WCC tournament
    73.6% chance of reaching the Round of 32
    40.3% chance of reaching the Sweet 16
    18.7% chance of reaching the Elite 8
    8.1% chance of reaching the Final Four
    1.5% chance of winning the NCAA tournament.

    Lunardi projecting BYU as a 5-seed (last updated 3/9/2020) - http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
    Palm projecting BYU as a 6-seed playing the winner of the play-in game - https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/
    Our FYM should be well prepared for these upcoming games having been playing in high school gyms most of the year.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •