HBO's WATCHMEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Holy sh*t, how are people not watching this show?! Sunday's episode was nuts.

The episode before that was also excellent. This show is doing some really cool stuff with editing and storytelling techniques, in addition to telling a great story. And since this is a Damen Lindeloff show, there are strong similarities to The Leftovers and LOST (the good parts).
    I should have read this first. yeah, very Lost and Leftovers feel on this so far, but I liked Lost as well.

Comment

Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
      This show was amazing. The finale was perfect, in my opinion. If you haven't checked it out already, I highly recommend.
      I was too tired to tune in last night, but I will likely watch tonight or tomorrow. I'm excited.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I was too tired to tune in last night, but I will likely watch tonight or tomorrow. I'm excited.
        I’d be interested to know what you think of the finale. I still probably like The Leftovers a little better overall, but as a single season of television it doesn’t get much better than Watchmen was.

Comment

I’d be interested to know what you think of the finale. I still probably like The Leftovers a little better overall, but as a single season of television it doesn’t get much better than Watchmen was.
          Watched it last night. Loved it. Several laugh out loud moments for me (don't remember them exactly, just remember laughing out loud). The finale was a great way to end the show if it ends up being a single season, but also left plenty to be explored if they decide to make another.

Spoiler for Finale Thoughts:
          As for whether there will/should be another season, I think there will be. I was actually surprised to hear that it Lindelof wrote it as a one-off season and wasn't sure if he was coming back or if there would be a second season at all. I hope he does, but regardless I think they will bring it back. HBO is in the business of making money, and this show has the potential to bring and keep viewers to HBO. One-off shows aren't really what accomplish that goal for HBO.

I loved how the Seventh Kavalry was basically just being used by Lady Trieu the whole time while thinking they were running the show. So funny. White supremacists are just a bunch of deluded rubes, even if they are Senators. Lady Trieu was an excellent villain.

Reasons why I think the show will come back:

1. While it tied up a bunch of storylines, there are still a lot of loose ends.
          - The Biggest - will Angela get some of Manhattan's powers?
          - Will Ozymandias be tried for killing 3M people/saving the world - twice!
          - Too many characters were introduced and developed only to have minor roles. Case in point - Lori Blake. Also "Mirror Guy". Lots of back story only to have him not really do much all season. And what about Red Scare and the other lady? Why were they even there? And what was up with Panda? And that Silver Suit guy?
          - Will Bian revenge Lady Trieu?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Watched it last night. Loved it. Several laugh out loud moments for me (don't remember them exactly, just remember laughing out loud). The finale was a great way to end the show if it ends up being a single season, but also left plenty to be explored if they decide to make another.

As for whether there will/should be another season, I think there will be. I was actually surprised to hear that it Lindelof wrote it as a one-off season and wasn't sure if he was coming back or if there would be a second season at all. I hope he does, but regardless I think they will bring it back. HBO is in the business of making money, and this show has the potential to bring and keep viewers to HBO. One-off shows aren't really what accomplish that goal for HBO.

I loved how the Seventh Kavalry was basically just being used by Lady Trieu the whole time while thinking they were running the show. So funny. White supremacists are just a bunch of deluded rubes, even if they are Senators. Lady Trieu was an excellent villain.

Reasons why I think the show will come back:

1. While it tied up a bunch of storylines, there are still a lot of loose ends.
            - The Biggest - will Angela get some of Manhattan's powers?
            - Will Ozymandias be tried for killing 3M people/saving the world - twice!
            - Too many characters were introduced and developed only to have minor roles. Case in point - Lori Blake. Also "Mirror Guy". Lots of back story only to have him not really do much all season. And what about Red Scare and the other lady? Why were they even there? And what was up with Panda? And that Silver Suit guy?
            - Will Bian revenge Lady Trieu?
            I think Angela definitely got the power. Lindelof has said that the ending wasn't really supposed to be ambiguous about that, but it obviously was to some extent. Having her receive the power makes sense of a lot of what happened earlier in the season, such as the nostalgia pills, why Will showed up out of nowhere, and even (maybe) why Dr. Manhattan allowed himself to be killed.

My only real complaint is that I wish the season had been a few episodes longer so they could have developed some of the characters a bit more. I wanted to see more from Lori, Lady Trieu, and Looking Glass. Lindelof also said they had developed back stories for some of the other characters, like Red Scare, but they decided to cut that because they wanted the focus to be on the relationship between Angela and Cal/John at the end.

I'm kind of torn on whether I want another season. I'd love to see more, especially what Angela would do with the power and whether Lori follows through with prosecuting Adrian. I'd hate for this season to be tainted by a shitty second season though. I've heard conflicting reports on whether Lindelof would ever do a second season. I know he is not planning on it right now, but I think I read that he said if he came up with another good idea he'd be open to it. There are a few people I can think of that could come in and do a second season up to the same standards, but I'm worried they would bring someone in that couldn't keep the quality of story telling up.

My guess is that another season will happen--too much money on the table not to do it.

Comment

I've started watching this. I'm 3 episodes in and enjoying it. I picked up HBO Now to finish up Silicon Valley and watch this series. Thanks to my new BFF, falafel, for the recommendation.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I think Angela definitely got the power. Lindelof has said that the ending wasn't really supposed to be ambiguous about that, but it obviously was to some extent. Having her receive the power makes sense of a lot of what happened earlier in the season, such as the nostalgia pills, why Will showed up out of nowhere, and even (maybe) why Dr. Manhattan allowed himself to be killed.

My only real complaint is that I wish the season had been a few episodes longer so they could have developed some of the characters a bit more. I wanted to see more from Lori, Lady Trieu, and Looking Glass. Lindelof also said they had developed back stories for some of the other characters, like Red Scare, but they decided to cut that because they wanted the focus to be on the relationship between Angela and Cal/John at the end.

I'm kind of torn on whether I want another season. I'd love to see more, especially what Angela would do with the power and whether Lori follows through with prosecuting Adrian. I'd hate for this season to be tainted by a shitty second season though. I've heard conflicting reports on whether Lindelof would ever do a second season. I know he is not planning on it right now, but I think I read that he said if he came up with another good idea he'd be open to it. There are a few people I can think of that could come in and do a second season up to the same standards, but I'm worried they would bring someone in that couldn't keep the quality of story telling up.

My guess is that another season will happen--too much money on the table not to do it.
                Good thoughts that mirror my own.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                  I've started watching this. I'm 3 episodes in and enjoying it. I picked up HBO Now to finish up Silicon Valley and watch this series. Thanks to my new BFF, falafel, for the recommendation.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Looking for a new series to watch - and I can take a clue since I'm a man.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                    X