October 2019 General Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    What about my LDS friends that donated to the Beto campaign? Does the bishop need to take away their TRs?
    If one can vote for Trump and keep a TR, there should be not problem with Beto.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      If one can vote for Trump and keep a TR, there should be not problem with Beto.
      So my employer will match like 3-to-1 my donations to a lot of different LGBTQ organizations. So maybe I should find one that is pushing for dropping the tax-exempt status of non-profits that are against same-sex marriage... this should help get BYU into a P5 sooner rather than later.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        that's a good question, but based on the D. Todd quotes lebowski posted, you're still golden.

now, the question is, is every SP or Bishop out there on the same page - are they aware or do they remember he said that? would you have to pull that quote out of your back pocket if you "fail" the interview? "but, president, DTC said this..."
        Yep, the ambiguity in the question and the fact that few leaders know about the quote bring us back to leadership roulette. However, I’d never answer “yes” to that question so I won’t have an issue but I can see others having an issue. Why make the TR process harder than it needs to be.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

The church is against trans people having rights? That's new to me.
          Fair. If I go online and support trans rights in the church (i.e priesthood and temple blessings).
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            Fair. If I go online and support trans rights in the church (i.e priesthood and temple blessings).
            I think that would depend on your tone and methods.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Guys, Elder Christofferson addressed this issue directly back in 2015:

https://archive.sltrib.com/article.p...74&itype=CMSID
              Nice for the Church to make sure that important doctrinal clarification is right there on archive.sltrib.com for anybody to read and reference if they need help understanding the new TR questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                Nice for the Church to make sure that important doctrinal clarification is right there on archive.sltrib.com for anybody to read and reference if they need help understanding the new TR questions.
                LOL.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• When not even a stake president knows what the current ruling is, how can a lay person know what the church's stance is on a social issue so he can align with it? I think it will more and more come to- believe what you want just don't actively tear the church down, and don't actively try to dissuade someone from leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                      When not even a stake president knows what the current ruling is, how can a lay person know what the church's stance is on a social issue so he can align with it? I think it will more and more come to- believe what you want just don't actively tear the church down, and don't actively try to dissuade someone from leaving.
                      Huh?
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        When not even a stake president knows what the current ruling is, how can a lay person know what the church's stance is on a social issue so he can align with it? I think it will more and more come to- believe what you want just don't actively tear the church down, and don't actively try to dissuade someone from leaving.
                        If you are sitting around waiting for someone in SLC to tell you what to think, you're doing it wrong. You're responsible for your own salvation, so seek it out.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          If you are sitting around waiting for someone in SLC to tell you what to think, you're doing it wrong. You're responsible for your own salvation, so seek it out.
                          Work out your salvation and use your own wits to interpret our rules, unless we interpret them for you. Then, you must follow our interpretation.

Or you can do what I do, just tell them the answer they want to hear.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Work out your salvation and use your own wits to interpret our rules, unless we interpret them for you. Then, you must follow our interpretation.

Right. The only alternative. And I suppose you, of all people, sit around and wait for SLC to tell you what to think?

We all have to decide what we think and believe. God gave us brains that think and reason.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

That’s a very cynical take.

Comment

That’s a very cynical take.
                                Yeah, GM. Be mindful of where you are. This is not the right place for cynicism.
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                                X