2019 MLB Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 MLB Playoffs

Might as well start this one now. Washington, down 3-1 in the bottom of the eighth, just loaded the bases. Soto then hit 3 in.

Can the Nationals not choke?!? We’ll soon find out!
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

They did not, in fact, choke.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

Crazy ending to the game!!
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

A ton of blown opportunities for the A’s. Tampa Bay looks solid.
        - SeattleUte

Comment

Would have loved to have these pitches when Joe Kelly was a Red Sox
          - SeattleUte

Comment

A strong first game for the Dodgers.

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            Would have loved to have these pitches when Joe Kelly was a Red Sox
            Would he not have been a Red Sock?
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
              A strong first game for the Dodgers.

Would he not have been a Red Sock?
              No. There can be only one:

3F5510F7-5C94-4FFB-A495-F093FF160336.jpg
              - SeattleUte

Comment

I don’t get it. Kelly was dominant on the Red Sox last year. This year he has sucked for the dodgers but was good last night after the first hitter he faced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  I don’t get it. Kelly was dominant on the Red Sox last year. This year he has sucked for the dodgers but was good last night after the first hitter he faced.

I'm just remembering a few games last year, when both he and Kimbrel were struggling to get strikes. He was good overall, but last night just seemed he was dialed in like crazy.
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post

After a rough (really rough) first couple months of the season, Kelly has been one of our best relievers. His stats belie how good he has been, because he hasn't pitched in enough games to really overcome his truly awful start to the season. IIRC, last year with the Sox he was pretty pedestrian in the regular season, but dialed it up in the postseason. I distinctly remember a number of Sux fans expressing a "who are you, and what have you done with Joe Kelley" sentiment last postseason. Hopefully that's what's going to happen this year. Here's to 10 more wins where we don't even have to see Jansen warm up.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

After a rough (really rough) first couple months of the season, Kelly has been one of our best relievers. His stats belie how good he has been, because he hasn't pitched in enough games to really overcome his truly awful start to the season. IIRC, last year with the Sox he was pretty pedestrian in the regular season, but dialed it up in the postseason. I distinctly remember a number of Sux fans expressing a "who are you, and what have you done with Joe Kelley" sentiment last postseason. Hopefully that's what's going to happen this year. Here's to 10 more wins where we don't even have to see Jansen warm up.

Jansen will certainly bring the pucker factor for Dodgers fans. Maeda was nails - I turned the game on just in time to see him and the late-inning rakefest by the Dodgers batters.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

I am of the opinion that Jansen shouldn’t be our closer. I love the guy but he is not the same pitcher he was a couple of seasons ago. I know you probably can’t switch him out of that role at this point but man I get scared when he comes in.

Let’s just hope we continue to not need high leverage pitching late in games.

BTW. I love Post season Joc. And Lux is going to be a superstar.

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I enjoyed last night's game very much.

Didn't care for Little behind the plate. Also really didn't care for Belly going down looking to that clown Fernando Rodney. I hope he doesn't end up like Kershaw in the playoffs. Like you said Stripper, thank goodness for October Joc. And yes Lux is going to be a great.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Also from last night-

Announcers: "This is the fewest hits allowed in Dodgers postseason history."

Me to my daughter: "What are they doing? The just jinxed it."

Next pitch: Nats rap one down the left field line for a hit.

Comment

Death, taxes, and postseason Kershaw.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X