Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 121 to 141 of 141

Thread: The Best of Utah Foods

  1. #121
    Adventurer Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West of House
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    We have it in the EUG, want me to bring a few 12ers up next time I come?
    That would make be so happy.

    Untitled.jpg
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

    Y'all hear that? We're using code names. --Evelle Snoats

  2. #122

    Default

    Not that Zupas belongs in this thread, but I'm fairly certain mine is the first cowboy hat that's been in this place. Not one damn thing with beef in it.

    Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

  3. #123

    Default

    Old Bridge Cafe is damn good. Bosnian restaurant opened by a husband/wife who immigrated from Bosnia. It is some of the best food that I've ever had in Utah. It is also absurdly cheap. $25.00 for a platter of food to serve 2 people. Also, they make really good Turkish coffee. It is in a strip mall right over by Century 16.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  4. #124

    Default

    I've come to love ramen these days. Tosh's Ramen is the best that I've had here in Utah. It kicks Jinya's ass.

    Added bonus, the place is right near RoHo brewing's tap room. My plan next time that I go there is to grab the ramen to go and head over and eat it while grabbing a pint at RoHo.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  5. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I've come to love ramen these days. Tosh's Ramen is the best that I've had here in Utah. It kicks Jinya's ass.

    Added bonus, the place is right near RoHo brewing's tap room. My plan next time that I go there is to grab the ramen to go and head over and eat it while grabbing a pint at RoHo.
    Have you tried the Ramen place right by your office?
    *Banned*

  6. #126

    Default

    toshs broth sucks sjbh
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  7. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    toshs broth sucks sjbh
    You are wrong. It is good broth. I've only had the Karai Ramen so I cannot speak to any of the others.

    Now, I'm sure that you can get better where you live. I have no doubt about that. Tosh's is good though.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    You are wrong. It is good broth. I've only had the Karai Ramen so I cannot speak to any of the others.

    Now, I'm sure that you can get better where you live. I have no doubt about that. Tosh's is good though.
    tastes like dish water breh
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    tastes like dish water breh
    I can't trust the taste of someone that thinks beer is gross. SJBH.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  10. #130
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I can't trust the taste of someone that thinks beer is gross. SJBH.
    Maybe the fact that you dont proves he is correct about the broth.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  11. #131
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    You are wrong. It is good broth. I've only had the Karai Ramen so I cannot speak to any of the others.

    Now, I'm sure that you can get better where you live. I have no doubt about that. Tosh's is good though.
    How does it compare to Maruchan, or even Top Ramen?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  12. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I've come to love ramen these days. Tosh's Ramen is the best that I've had here in Utah. It kicks Jinya's ass.

    Added bonus, the place is right near RoHo brewing's tap room. My plan next time that I go there is to grab the ramen to go and head over and eat it while grabbing a pint at RoHo.
    Am I the only one that was mildly surprised that the beer comments were in the second paragraph and not the first?
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

  13. #133
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJF View Post
    Am I the only one that was mildly surprised that the beer comments were in the second paragraph and not the first?
    Haha.

    Yes, funk has a problem.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  14. #134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Haha.

    Yes, funk has a problem.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  15. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Maybe the fact that you dont proves he is correct about the broth.
    We can debate which styles of beer are best. We can debate which brewers are the best. We can even debate if it is immoral to drink beer.

    What cannot be debated though is that a well made beer is delicious. It is just fact. It is truth. SJBH.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  16. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    We can debate which styles of beer are best. We can debate which brewers are the best. We can even debate if it is immoral to drink beer.

    What cannot be debated though is that a well made beer is delicious. It is just fact. It is truth. SJBH.
    keep going, you’re getting closer to convincing us that you’ve convinced yourself!
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  17. #137

    Default

    Pretty Bird Chicken is delish.

    Also New World Distillery makes a really good gin.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  18. #138
    lollygagger hostile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Pretty Bird Chicken is delish.

    Also New World Distillery makes a really good gin carcinogenic
    FIFY
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

    "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

  19. #139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Pretty Bird Chicken is delish.

    Also New World Distillery makes a really good gin.
    pretty bird is good. viet pham is always good
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  20. #140
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Pretty Bird Chicken is delish.
    Need to try that. We walked by it last night.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  21. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Need to try that. We walked by it last night.
    Just don't be like the people in front of me and order the chicken mild. I'm not saying people need to order hot, but medium is the minimum respectable order.

    I went hot. It was a nice spice level, not overwhelming at all. I'd be willing to try beyond hot.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •